more than 300 catalytic converters seized in Dublin

Soldato
It's mostly hybrids and cars with easy to reach cats which are being targeted. Many have them hanging down under the car in arms reach, but not all.

Soldato
i really hope each and every one of them buy a crappy ebay trolley jack and it collapses on them with them under the car.

Soldato
thanks... plenty of food for thought. I'll speak to my local dealer (for a laugh) and see if they have anything they offer similar to the toyota catlock thing.

You never know, the mechanics might know a way to make them more awkward to remove or something. Worth a try, its a very horrible crime to have a stranger under your car taking bits off. Dangerous people

Soldato
Another theft on my road, this time from a car parked opposite my house, a W reg Honda Civic. Have to say I was surprised by their choice last week a 54 plate e46 and even more surprised last night or have they run out of hybrid cars in the area and will now go after anything? Same as last week they did a few cars within around a mile radius of where I live.

Same gang in their pimped out black Seat Leon. Managed to capture the reg no which I've passed on to the police but the reg comes back as a black Seat Ibiza Fr Tsi, so false plate as the car I saw was definitely either a Seat Leon or a Leon Cupra?

The police, surprisingly did attend last night and were there 5-10 minutes later, had a look at the CCTV footage I had captured and then sped off to drive around the area to maybe see if they could spot the car.

Soldato
Ask your local dodgy scrap merchant - he can probably refit the same one that was nicked in the first place. ;)

Some years back a guy I worked with bought a new set of alloy wheels to pimp his ride, which were inevitably then stolen. That weekend he went to his local scrapyard and bought them back. It blew my mind that although he reported the original theft, he didn't report the involvement of the scrapyard to the police. It was as though he didn't want to upset them in case he needed to buy more of his own stuff back from them again in the future.

Been happening lots around here still. For a while they would set off fireworks somewhere nearby, but I think people worked that one out. Amazing how quickly they steal them. The police did seize some, but they were probably legitimate converters :p

The problem is that there are no police around and their long gone. You’d be an idiot to confront them too much seeing as they have a cutting tool. I mean, our local shop was ram raided, they were probably in another country the time the police arrived, and that’s with our own local police helicopter.

Don't they let off the fireworks to celebrate? :D

Soldato
A friend was also telling me last night that a catloc doesn't seem to deter them, a friend of his has a cat stolen, so got Toyota to replace and fit a catloc and it got stolen again, his friend said it just took them around a minute longer to cut through the catloc cables before making off.

Soldato
They should have lined the catloc using that stuff which jams up saws. It might rip their hands off when it suddenly stops or explode in their face, but who cares it's their own fault.

Soldato
When an accident is a good thing.

But was it really an accident, or did the owner catch him at it then made it look like one...

Back
Top Bottom