Most disappointing game of this year for you?

Caporegime
fC2, spore, red alert 3, War, never actually got into the hype of AOC nor thought it would work and didn't buy it but the beta was a huge let down, thought it was terrible.

COD5 was a let down, but I guess it was still quite good, its just like playing COD2 through again though(or cod 1, or UO i forget which is which) it was just dull because not only was it WW2 again it was almost an identical story to the previous game and basically all the same levels, felt completely unoriginal.

GTA4 performance sucked, gave me dodgey eye pain going over bridges at night on the xbox blurry + low framerate and flickering lights = big no no. Terrible soft shadows all over, stupid story that makes little sense has no reason and not a singly likeable character. Working for scum who don't help you for no reason except to make money you don't need when you constantly talk about wanting to be good and not kill anymore, tripe, poor ending. some fantastic missions but most are fairly generic and dull, "dating" and hanging out with friends to elongate a game with boring crap side stuff, persuading people killing hundreds of pigeon's is somehow worth it.

With a good story, and some basic engine choices for performance and to look better it could have been a classic game, it was so close yet so far :(

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
No game will ever disappoint me as much as Stalker no matter how long I am playing games for in the future.
There is a Scar on the inside of my skin that this game gave me through sheer disappointment

Soldato
Fallout 3

It isn't the worst game of the year, but it is one of the few i had hopes for. I knew before release that Spore and Farcry 2 would be rubbish (don't believe me? I even posted saying that here before release!), but Fallout 3 was the long awaited sequel to two of the best games ever. It just wasn't anything like the previous Fallouts, it was too open and boring, the combat system just didn't appeal to me and the dialogue was a shadow of its dark, witty predecessors'.

Associate
Far cry 2

Bought the orange box and I must say that it has raised my expectations for £25 :) Crysis and Crysis Warhead have also increased my expectations, the graphics and gameplay are fantastic. Compared to these games far cry 2 was very poor for £25, and despite its long length it was just repetitve the whole way through (I got bored at around 20% through)

Soldato
COD5 is another game i knew wouldn't be that great. I'm quite shocked many of you actually expected it to be any good what with it being made by the guys that developed the oh-so-average COD3.

Back
Top Bottom