1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most disappointing game of this year for you?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Dark_Angel, 19 Dec 2008.

1. Molemanmus

Hitman

definitely Far Cry 2

2. Andrew_McP

Mobster

FC2 too. I loved FC1 despite the cheesy stuff and daft mootunts. But I just can't love FC2 no matter how hard I try. It also isn't a sequel in any way, shape or form.

Andrew McP

3. dandan556

Gangster

CoD5

4. MURDEROUS G

Gangster

So true. Trudged through the first few missions thinking 'this has to get good eventually' but couldn't bring myself to play on. Since then it's sat in a dusty corner of my hard drive, untouched.

5. mame

Sgarrista

I'm really enjoying GTA4 at the moment. Ok, it doesn't run great but looks great. It runs better than GTA3 did when I first played that on a geforce 4 mx and that didn't put me off and it wasn't that long before any decent current card played it flawlessly. Also enjoying far-cry 2 although I'd only give that about 7/10.

I agree with you there.

Last edited: 20 Dec 2008
  6. marlos

Wise Guy

GTA4

7. DarrenM343

Soldato

I don`t think anyone has mentioned STALKER Clear Sky.Could of been a good game but I can`t give a fairly recent release the thumbs up when it`s not optimised for modern CPU`s (only used one core). It ran quite slow even with a decent graphics card. Far Cry 2, at least looks and runs very well using all cores of a CPU.

Me, personally, I don`t have a lot of time for playing games but I don`t actually mind Far Cry 2.

Vegas 2 I was also disappointed with.

Clear Sky I liked at first but grew tired of trying to optimise it to run better on my machine and only finding it using one core of my quad core. I spit on the developers. To get it running better meant lowering the res which meant it looked nowhere near as good as it should of (Far Cry 2 much much better in this respect). It was also quite buggy....

Last edited: 20 Dec 2008
  8. Scrutinize

Sgarrista

Age of Conan by a mile

9. Rimsy

Mobster

Hate to admit it, but warhammer online. Im still subbed and play daily, but id be lying if i said it was as good as it should have been.

10. Damien.

Soldato

Farcry 2 by a mile, its just so naff.

11. eekfek

Soldato

has to be GTA 4 .. its actually better on the 360 and the PC version is uber ugly -1/10

12. Tom|Nbk

Capodecina

13. yantorsen

PermaBanned

Spore for me, the early stages were ok, but later on it got a bit tedious.

Haven't played FC2 yet, looks good though, why does everyone hate it?

14. afraser2k

Sgarrista

Need for Speed Undercover

It was supposed to "save" the NfS series and go back to the Most Wanted feel of the game but it ended up being a rushed mess.

Other Titles:

Age of Conan
    Warhammer Online

So much for being "WoW killers".

15. Schnippzle

Mobster

WAR
    FC2
    Spore
    NFSUC

All games I was really looking forward to playing, and all of them missed the mark by a mile.

16. Sel

Gangster

No contest Farcry2 is easily the dullest game I've played since Black and White.

17. Fiocca

Hitman

Spore and Far cry 2.

I've been disappointed with games before but not to the extent of these, especially FC2. It's awful imo and to use the Far cry name for such a piece of **** is a disgrace.

18. D3lirious

Hitman

It's reassuring to see that so many others agreed with me about how rubbish FC2 was. Not because I like to see a game with potential fail so hard, but because I simply fail to understand why all these games get such good reviews in magazines. Was beginning to think it might just be me getting old and jaded.

19. barkey52

Gangster

GTA IV

20. Streeteh

Capodecina

I used to worry too, but then i realized i still enjoyed many games and it must be something to do with the reviewers. I then noticed the entire web pages of said review publications were giant banner ads for the game.

Pay someone enough money and they'll enjoy anything.