Most disappointing game of this year for you?

Caporegime
Yes. It's so boring I just can't even be bothered to play it...yawn :(

Same here. I've recently finished Fallout 3 and Deadspace which I enjoyed both a lot. I have Farcry 2 on my desk and well, sometimes I think about playing it and do.....for about half and hour every fortnight, if that.

Caporegime
Spore for me, the early stages were ok, but later on it got a bit tedious.

Haven't played FC2 yet, looks good though, why does everyone hate it?

Imo : bad points - Repetitive, although realistic weapons jam too much, seem to need too much ammo to take them down unless you get perfect head shots, respawning enemies - the worst mistake they made as far as I'm concerned. Crap decision.

Good points - Visuals - maybe not quite Crysis but not that far off at all and the odd texture imo is better. General NPC action and speech - all considered isn't that bad.

Take away the respawning enemies and I'd carry on playing to completion.
The way the enemies just suddenly turn up in a jeep or truck (whilst you're engaging some already on the ground) is comic genius, lol.

Soldato
Spore made me cry (i never could be bothered with the second stage as it was DULL), round of aplause for that one being ruined

Pro evo 2009 on the ps2 was a bit of a failure too (i mean it was 2008 with hull in it which is basically good, but they didnt put the dive button in which made the ps3 version such good fun!)

Permabanned
Age of Conan
Warhammer: Age of Reckoning

Both hyped up as the next big MMO's, neither delivered.

Grand Theft Auto IV - ****, PC version is an utter joke and the game wasn't good anyway.
Far Cry 2 - Rubbish, can't believe they used the same name just so they could reel in people thinking it'd be like the first, it was an awful game.

Soldato
1. COD WOW - stupid grenades and lack of checkpoints.
2. Far Cry 2 - Stupid respawning enemies, exploding weapons and malaria attacks.
3. X3 - Terran Conflict - bugged gameplay and ridiculous levels of spawning enemies. Haven't played it since the 1.3 patch though.

Re GTA IV, once you get past all the DRM and Windows Live wrappers it is actually a pretty good game, though much shorter (IMHO) in duration than other GTA's. I'm almost at the last chapter of missions with a few sides to do and it's taken well under a month - playing SA at the same rate took around three months.

Caporegime
Warhammer Online.
Spore.
Far Cry 2.
Age of Conan

GTA IV is a brilliant game :) but I bought the special edition on xbox 360 :) no performance issues :) amazing game, one of the better I've played.

Associate
Warhammer online - just not enough people there at the beginning...

Red Alert 3 is one of the best games this year - if you have a friend to play all the missions with online. That just makes it a good game. I can see why people wouldnt like it single player or having to find someone random online. Wish there were more skirmish maps tho.

Associate
AoC and Warhammer online.

I'm going to say WotLK expansion too, big disappointment. Was real excited about it, but after 3 years of WoW I can honestly say i'm all mmo'd out. :o

Associate
I'm very much in the "games aren't as good as they used to be" camp, but maybe i'm just getting old :(

Me too.

Spent the last couple of months playing Majesty, C&C Generals:Zero Hour, GalCiv II series and Rise of Nations:Thrones and Patriots. Played dear old WoW for 10 months solid before that and when things have settled down after after WotLK (ie about now I hope) I'm going back to Azeroth.

Soldato
I'm very much in the "games aren't as good as they used to be" camp, but maybe i'm just getting old

I'm not in that camp I think, I still think games are getting much better, especially when comparing old games with newer eg. vice with iv or CoD4 with CoD2.

But I'm not that interested/hooked on games any more as I used to be... I used to finish sa in 2 days, but gta iv doesn't make me play on 24/7, I just play an hour a day or so then get bored and browse the net or something else.

Back
Top Bottom