Most important features in a mouse

Associate
TBH, if it's any good, they'll keep making it. Logi reissued the G700 with the new S line, because it was that popular.
The G700 was a great mouse (apart from the rubbish spongy side buttons) so it made sense they would update it with the S which was just a re-skin rather than any actual tech changes wasn't it ?

Soldato
Well after having a Roccat Leadr for just over 2 weeks now I can say I think I've finally found my perfect mouse :)

It's comfortable to use for long periods, it's wireless and has plenty of decent buttons that are all within easy reach with my grip so hits all the asks I stated above.

My only concern now is what will I do when it packs and they've stopped making them, I may need to buy a spare just in case. ;)

I'd be more concerned that it's made by Roccat tbh :p

Associate
I know Roccat get knocked by some but I prefer form my own judgment based on my own experiences. It's hard to tell from comments on the internet just how bad a brand are as the one thing you never know is how many they sell so you have no idea of failure rates etc.

In the past I swore by Logitech and have dozens of their products in my house but I've not been that impressed with the last couple of their products I bought (G810 keyboard and G900 mouse) so thought it was time to give someone else a go.

Soldato
The G700 was a great mouse (apart from the rubbish spongy side buttons) so it made sense they would update it with the S which was just a re-skin rather than any actual tech changes wasn't it ?
Better, more grippier skin, with hydrophobic coating. Also vastly more accurate sensor, slippier feet, higher spec materials, quieter main button clicks, better battery life and numerous other tweaks.

Nothing wrong with Roccat. I'm still using and heavily abusing a 1st gen Kova + here at work. They do pretty good stuff and frequently try new things. They don't always get it bang on, but very close and always solid kit. I'll take their stuff over Razer any day!

Soldato
plenty of people had issues with keyboards and mice from Roccat here, enough for me to stay away. Plenty of others to choose from...i wouldnt choose razer either, mind.
My one and only complaint about Roccat is the deep, manly action film trailer voice during profile-switching that overdramatically announces, "Profile One... Profile Two... Windows Profile"!! :D

Associate
Better, more grippier skin, with hydrophobic coating. Also vastly more accurate sensor, slippier feet, higher spec materials, quieter main button clicks, better battery life and numerous other tweaks.

Nothing wrong with Roccat. I'm still using and heavily abusing a 1st gen Kova + here at work. They do pretty good stuff and frequently try new things. They don't always get it bang on, but very close and always solid kit. I'll take their stuff over Razer any day!

I never knew about the improvements with the G700S, are the side buttons still mushy like the G700 ?

Not that it really matter now of course as the G700S is discontinued and I have my shiny new Leadr anyway :)

Associate

+1 for Roccat. I've bought many mice (and keyboards) but have found the Roccat Nyth a very hard act follow. Modular side grip and thumb buttons, good sensor too. Looks very stylish with subtle lighting. The software works and is trouble free unlike Corsair CUE, problems still persist and I ended up giving my Scimitar RGB away. This is my experience ymmv ofc.

Best

Wulf

Man of Honour
I know Roccat get knocked by some but I prefer form my own judgment based on my own experiences. It's hard to tell from comments on the internet just how bad a brand are as the one thing you never know is how many they sell so you have no idea of failure rates etc.

In the past I swore by Logitech and have dozens of their products in my house but I've not been that impressed with the last couple of their products I bought (G810 keyboard and G900 mouse) so thought it was time to give someone else a go.

Yeah indeed - I had a couple of Logitech mice on backup systems that both after only light use the housing on the plug came right away when unplugging the mouse breaking off some of the leads in the process (and I'm pretty careful and have never had anything like it with other peripherals) while a lot of people have been very happy with Logitech.

Associate
Yeah indeed - I had a couple of Logitech mice on backup systems that both after only light use the housing on the plug came right away when unplugging the mouse breaking off some of the leads in the process (and I'm pretty careful and have never had anything like it with other peripherals) while a lot of people have been very happy with Logitech.

My dissatisfaction with current Logitech products is more to do with their design direction than reliability.

The G810 keyboard has no on-board memory to save what colours you've set so every time I boot your system I get a lightshow. Considering it costs £140 I find this ommision inexcusable.

I find the G900 mouse uncomfortable to use for any period of time due to it's ambidextrous design. Normally ambidextrous designs are only used for low end mice so I feel going that way for your top end mouse is a really dumb design decision.

Associate
For me the mouse needs to be good at 400 and 800DPI, needs to be a comfortable shape for palm grip, needs to be lightweight, preferably not covered in lighting and lastly if it's wired, not with a braided cable.

Soldato
+1 for Roccat. I've bought many mice (and keyboards) but have found the Roccat Nyth a very hard act follow. Modular side grip and thumb buttons, good sensor too. Looks very stylish with subtle lighting. The software works and is trouble free unlike Corsair CUE, problems still persist and I ended up giving my Scimitar RGB away. This is my experience ymmv ofc.

Best

Wulf
Seconded
I have a Nyth too,could not live without the dorsal switch which I use for surfing(have pinned forwards and backwards onto it :D )
Only using 5 of the buttons
Gr8 software that works is a bonus too
Bit pricey though

Back
Top Bottom