1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most ridiculous missile sequence in a movie - ever

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KatanaDV20, 6 Mar 2010.

1. KatanaDV20

Mobster

So I just watched Behind Enemy Lines - the movie about an American pilot shot down over Bosnia and how he evades the baddies etc.

Anyways the shoot-down sequence was the most RIDICULOUS thing I have EVER seen in a movie. I know the point of a movie is to entertain but in this kinda movie surely they could have gotten the realism right?

Two SAMs (surface to air missiles) are launched at the F-18, all good for the first 15 secs or so....and then things start getting silly. The missiles go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.....not ballistically either - their motors keep burning nonstop! If pointed stright up they would go to the moon, loop around it and come back again, go to Tescos, do shopping, put it all in your fridge and then fly around some more.

It gets better. The F-18 jock decides to go for a head-on pass in an effort to lose the missile so he turns right towards it. Plane & missile headed towards each other and missile rips through the planes wing damaging it.

You thought this was over. Umm. No.

:o

The missile (having just hit the plane w/out exploding) now does a 180 and comes BACK and finally takes out the jet.

By this time I was on the floor in a coma.

It was an absolute bullcrap scene which ruined whats kinda a decent action flick. Sure it has other flaws but this was just glaring....and even a non-mil goof like me can see that.

Can you imagine the scene in the movie hall full of fighter jocks when this movie was first released! Man they must have got a kick out of it :D

Ok Im off to get some coffee....

2. Squink

Mobster

That film was on in the background earlier tonight, and even with me paying it only 5% attention it was so utterly over-the-top, bring the boys home patriotic that I actually felt embarrassed.

3. KatanaDV20

Mobster

Yea I hear ya...it felt that way totally!

4. PermaBanned

Capodecina

I'm gunna need the model number of these SAMs, could have been Magrathean ;)

5. dante6491

Soldato

I quite liked it :o

6. KatanaDV20

Mobster

It does have its good moments. The camerawork was great I thought...specially when hes struggling to get the beacon working on the seat and the camera does this very fast panning thing around him....felt like an FPS hee hee.

And the mean enemy soldiers look convincingly badass! Specially that one dude in the black bandana!

7. avec

Hitman

I thought it was a great scene personally.

Good film too, besides the hollywood ending.

8. Tweaker

Wise Guy

lol, made me chuckle.

9. Viper²

Sgarrista

It's a good movie. Very American though.

10. Mark A

Capodecina

Me and my brother both burst out laughing when he runs back for the flight recording and slides along the ground with a pistol and takes out 2 of the soldiers :eek: :D.

11. .Simon

Gangster

If this put you into a coma then Behind Enemy Lines 2 will lead to certain death.

12. molinari

Soldato

When I read the title I thought straight away you were talking about the missile sequence at the end of G.I Joe. That was aweful, and one of the worst films I've ever seen. If you haven't watched it, don't (except perhaps to see the missle bit at the end in comparison to the one mentioned here)!!

13. mrk

Man of Honour

You're crying over spilt milk, THIS is something to cringe at:

Scroll to 1:20.

14. manoz

Soldato

I remember watching it in the cinema and then sneaking in to Black Hawk Down which was conveniently showing on the screen next door as Behind Enemy Lines finished. Cookie to the one who can guess which one I enjoyed more.

15. Cosimo

Man of Honour

So you missed the end of the film. :p

I watch films to enjoy them not analyse the technicalities of avoiding Sam missiles. Let’s consider car chases..... ;)

16. dalin80

Mobster

Good old MS vs GO.

fire stern torpedo!

[torpedo shoots out of front of sub]

And a fighter jet that switched between a f-18, a f-22 and a sr-71 with in a 12 second clip.

17. Locke

Soldato

Best movie ever, I've actually got it for lolz.

18. antijoke

Caporegime

Hahahaha, that movie is so bad it could actually be classed as good. :D

19. Delvis

Caporegime

Sums it up, lol

20. Gerard

Caporegime

Its suprising that crap like that actually finds someone braindead enough to finance it. Though going by the effects the entire budget can't have been more than a fiver tops.

Have to love the muzzle flashes on the battleship, talk about a wet fart.