Most ridiculous missile sequence in a movie - ever

Soldato
Have to love the muzzle flashes on the battleship, talk about a wet fart.

Thats not actually a battleship as far as the movie is concerned, it keeps getting refered to as a 'destroyer', when ordered to fire on the shark which was approaching from the side all the guns 'fire' without moving so they are jusy pointing directly ahead and directly behind.

Man of Honour
Megashark was bought for me as a present for my birthday. Around 8 of us grabbed some beers and prepared for some hilarious stupidity.

But no. The above clip is funny. The above clip spread out over one and a half hours with literally nothing going on otherwise is not.

It is truly the worst film I have ever seen. Not even good in a so bad it's good way.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO baaaaaaaaaaaaad

Associate
Whilst I can sit there and rip a fim to pieces for its lack of realism (and I frequently do) I'm quite happy watching some over the top stuff.

But Behind Enemy Lines annoyed me too, it was pure cheese.

Associate
That Battleship firing sequence!! LOL!! Muzzle flashes like they're rifles :p

This is what actually happens when a BS fires those massive guns :D :D :D

Battleship%20firing%20guns.jpg

Man of Honour
It was an absolute bullcrap scene which ruined whats kinda a decent action flick.

So you know how a missile works but the majority of people don't.
Every time I watch a western I laugh when I see a gunfighter shooting people with a handgun with pin point accuracy from 100 yards.
Apparently, guns were that crap in those days that they were next to useless.
In fact the art of 'Buffalo'ing' was hitting somebody with your gun and this is how Buffalo Bill got his name (apparently).
I watch too many documentaries.

It is also a FACT that pregnant women always lose their babies when they fall downstairs and cars always blow up when in an accident or just as they are flying over a cliff.

Soldato
Personally I love Behind Enemy Lines and that "missile scene" near the start is one of the best of its kind IMO. Watch it in Dolby Digital and it's even better.

You have to treat this movie as a sort of "Top Gun" sequel - just with far less gay overtones.

Soldato
and cars always blow up when in an accident or just as they are flying over a cliff.

You say this, but I've noticed in the past couple of years that cars in films no longer explode on impact.

Seems like Hollywood have discovered crashes can be equally cool with lots of scrunchy, crunchy sound effects.

Caporegime
Apparently, guns were that crap in those days that they were next to useless.
In fact the art of 'Buffalo'ing' was hitting somebody with your gun and this is how Buffalo Bill got his name (apparently).

wiki says otherwise :p

William Frederick Cody ("Buffalo Bill") got his nickname after he undertook a contract to supply Kansas Pacific Railroad workers with buffalo meat. The nickname originally referred to Bill Comstock.[1] Cody earned the nickname by killing 4,860 American Bison (commonly known as buffalo) in eight months (1867–68).[2] He and Comstock eventually competed in a shooting match over the exclusive right to use the name, which Cody won

Back
Top Bottom