Most ridiculous missile sequence in a movie - ever

Associate
i always thought the bad guy Sasha looked like Niko from GTA4...

sashab.jpg

I think he looks more like the guy from Call of Duty 4.

Man of Honour
It's a great film.

It's an action flick. It is for entertainment. who cares about technicalities. watch a film for what it is.

It's like all the people who whine about remakes. Oh that wasn't like that in the first one. Who bloody cares, it's a remake and open to interpretation.

Soldato
OP
Thats another thing about light in films...like theres a scene set in the middle of the woods and its...floodlit. But I guess its a fine line the producers have to walk between letting the audience see whats happening and killing realism. Like the bit in the Signs where Mel Gibson is running thru the wheatfield....and its all dimly lit with floods obviously but somehow I think it would have been even scarier to show it as it is in real life - pitch black with just the flashlight beam!

It's an action flick. It is for entertainment. who cares about technicalities.

Yea I agree that movies main role is to entertain but I feel sometimes they need to make a bit of an effort, the missile scene was just ridiculous. If this was a sci-fi flick then yes you can suspend beleif cuz it would be some kinda proton torpedo etc (lol) but when representing real machines and real weapons that actually exist some authenticity would have helped! However no denying the sequence makes for a good viewing....and who knows perhaps the producers KNEW it was a load of bull but left it in there to entertain :)

Last edited:
Soldato
If pointed stright up they would go to the moon, loop around it and come back again, go to Tescos, do shopping, put it all in your fridge and then fly around some more.
Classic. :D

The reality is very different....

[youtube ]g5PNhNEW-os[/youtube]
Wow. Yup, certainly different than anything I've seen in the movies. I like how the pilot is performing his pressure breathing technique seemingly without even thinking about it near the end. Nice find. :)

Soldato
I recorded Behind enemy lines last time it was on telly due to the title. I love my war films, so thought "behind enemy lines" sounded good. But seriously, someone should have sacked and shot the casting director! Owen Wilson as the lead! LOL! Sasha was pretty badass though. But I'll say it again.. Owen Wilson!! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom