MOT History

Associate
I have looked up a car MOT history on the DVLA website today as I was thinking about buying it for my missus. It has an MOT issued last December so is valid until this december but in the history in may there is an entry that says "Certificate Issue Refused (Abandoned)"

Does anyone know what this means? Has someone tried to MOT it since december but it failed?

Maz

Maz

Soldato
I have looked up a car MOT history on the DVLA website today as I was thinking about buying it for my missus. It has an MOT issued last December so is valid until this december but in the history in may there is an entry that says "Certificate Issue Refused (Abandoned)"

Does anyone know what this means? Has someone tried to MOT it since december but it failed?

Means they couldn't finish the MOT, I had this once on a Shogun which had no exhaust!

They couldn't do an emissions test so abandoned the test, basically the car you're looking at come December will NOT be MOTable without whatever caused the tester to abandon test to be fixed.

Associate
It may be much more simple and innocent than that Maz, it could be many things, including something that wasn't the cars fault at all. It could be something as simple as the tester logged it on only to find out it had more than 30 days test left so abandoned the test. Its happened to me a few times when there has been confusion whether a car was in for an mot or not.
BENdage - I wouldn't worry at all about that abandoned test in may. It's basically meaningless.

Soldato
Means they couldn't finish the MOT, I had this once on a Shogun which had no exhaust!

They couldn't do an emissions test so abandoned the test, basically the car you're looking at come December will NOT be MOTable without whatever caused the tester to abandon test to be fixed.

Surely they could still finish the test so you know if there are any other faults?

Man of Honour
basically the car you're looking at come December will NOT be MOTable without whatever caused the tester to abandon test to be fixed.

Basically there is no way you can say that. If there was something wrong with the car 95% of them a test fail would be issued to explain this.

There could be any number of reasons why a test was abandoned. Perhaps the fire alarm went off at the garage? Perhaps they decided against testing the vehicle? etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom