1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboard Advice

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Muel, 23 Apr 2010.

1. Muel

Mobster

£60 LGA775 Motherboard Advice

Hey, my brother has an E5300 powered system that will be needing a new motherboard and graphics card, (he's having the graphics card I have now).

Basically with it being an E5300, it's a bit weedy so I'm wanting to overclock it to around 3.6ghz as an everday clock. I was just going to go for an Asus board but I've kinda lost faith in them now, just wondering what the best board would be for around £60?

It'll need to run 2gb of 800mhz RAM, and a single graphics card, I'll be upgrading him to sata at the same time.

If it can go higher than 3.6ghz on sensible temps/voltages then that's all for the good.

Last edited: 23 Apr 2010
  2. -VK-

Gangster

3. Muel

Mobster

Aye that's looking like the best option so far, just wish Gigabyte did a cheaper P45 board.

I'll see if he can stretch to the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3LR or try to pick one up cheap, they seem to get far better reviews, if not I'll considor the P5Q SE2. Not really much else to choose from! :p

4. pastymuncher

Man of Honour

The Gigabyte EP43-UD3L is a good board and has a better layout than the Asus suggested above. Look at the terrible 24pin socket location on the Asus. I have the V1.2 of the Gigabyte and it's a solid board with the usual overclocking options usually found on more expensive boards. It becomes fasb limited at around 417-425fsb but that will not be a problem with a E5300 as you won't get near those speeds.