1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto GP 06 (360)

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Dup, 12 Jul 2006.

1. Dup

Capodecina

Anyone find this game really hard to control? I feel like a right spastic! I can ride real bikes but this... this is bloody hard!

Fair enough a bit of a learning curve, but it's rediculously difficult. Half of the time you can't see whats coming ahead. I despise playing racing games from a 3rd person view, defies the point of "being in the seat", but in the cockpit views al lyou see is badly modelled fairing that you can't see over or through, on the front cam you're too low to the ground to see what's coming up ahead.

I daren't go online with this game! Anyone got any tips?

2. Creature

Mobster

Do NOT treat it as if your racing in a car.
    Use both triggers to break.
    Don't accelerate through a corner or while breaking.
    Break when the corner sign comes up.
    Use 3rd person as 1st is utter ****. I know 95% of the tracks off by heart, and still can't use 1st person round them.

The learning curve is steep, but just progress throught the rookie season and it gets easier.

3. DynaMight

PermaBanned

Yup 1st person view is WAY to hard, I find to almost impossible to judge corners and the correct turn in points. I use the furthest back 3rd person shot and find it much easier. It really teaches you the importance of good lines.

4. kidloco

Mobster

as mentioned, patiance is a virtue, it also really helps if you ride a motorbike in real life to. the handling really is that spot on.

shame I cant be bothered playing it more die to the framrate issues. it just spoils the whole game for me :(

5. Darryn

Mobster

I found the handling to be quite intuitive and even though I dont ride bikes, it seems realistic, if that makes sense. My only problem is the game crashing when I try and compare my times online to my friendslists times. Its an easy few hundred gamer points.

6. Dup

Capodecina

The thing is, its not long since I had a bike!

Thats for the advice guys. I'm a racing game nut, but never with bikes. I hadn't realised the triggers were for front and rear brake! (Manual? Pfft!)

Now after an hour of playing last night I was getting better, but it was very early am and I was getting tired and useless at it. Now all I need to do is learn the tracks more and progress through the game.

Front brake followed by rear brake when braking. If you feel you're going to understeer, use a bit of rear brake to pull a bit of speed off. If you feel you're going to oversteer, prop the bike back up using the front brake. Half pressing brakes and throttles is also handly to learn, but I'll take the slow route for now!

7. Darryn

Mobster

A small tip for when riding the Extreme bikes, the brakes are very rarely needed, hang the backend out for maximum corner and exit speeds.

8. Eliot

Soldato

i use the right trigger for acellerator, so u can vary how much oppphhh give it and the lfet triggr for front brake with a for the rear, it works well imo

9. $anch3z

Wise Guy

I use the same - right trigger accelerate, left for front brake and A for rear brake works a treat and seems alot easier to control. I only got this today but its so satisfying when you put a couple of really nice corners together. I like games that have this sort of learning curve, doa 4 was another - harder the better :D