MotoGP 09/10

Soldato
OP
I've put a few hours into this now, completing my first 125cc career season (3rd) and moved onto 250cc now :)

overall I think the game is great entertainment, with a few flaws, but then what game doesn't have flaws?

Well said!

(sorry off topic) I notice you are in Dorking. Do they still go crazy up at boxhill every Sunday? Stand-up wheelies down the A24 from that roundabout ?

Associate
Well said!

(sorry off topic) I notice you are in Dorking. Do they still go crazy up at boxhill every Sunday? Stand-up wheelies down the A24 from that roundabout ?

no, the fuzz put a stop to that a few years back now (~6) by putting up a screen of trees, so you can't see the antics going on... still a hell of a lot of bikes turn up anytime it's sunny, but usually just to meet up and head off somewhere else... for a few antics ;)

Soldato
The physics on 08 were just fine. It can't be that hard to simulate how a bike moves. What do you think is wrong with the physics in 08?

Soldato
OP
The physics on 08 were just fine. It can't be that hard to simulate how a bike moves. What do you think is wrong with the physics in 08?

I played the demo of 08 and IMHO the gfx looked too crap to give it a 2nd look. I like the MotoGP games not only to get the thrill of wheel to wheel racing in a game, but to also oggle at all the sexy bikes. So it failed in one of two of the important aspects.

As for getting a game to resemble anything what actually riding a bike, let alone racing a GP bike would ever feel like.. FORGET IT.

decent gfx, faithfull tracks and wheel to wheel racing is all that is really expected.

Soldato
OP
no, the fuzz put a stop to that a few years back now (~6) by putting up a screen of trees, so you can't see the antics going on... still a hell of a lot of bikes turn up anytime it's sunny, but usually just to meet up and head off somewhere else... for a few antics ;)

I have to admit, I always felt obliged to pop up the front when riding past the crowds and i would say i was pretty crap at pulling wheelies. (compared to some, with a certain amount of hope thrown in rather than pure skill) So it's of no suprise they banned it before someone lost it and killed a boat load of spectators with a spinning YZF barrelling out of control. :D

Will say you do have FANTASTIC ROADS up your way.. You lucky git !

Soldato
I played the demo of 08 and IMHO the gfx looked too crap to give it a 2nd look. I like the MotoGP games not only to get the thrill of wheel to wheel racing in a game, but to also oggle at all the sexy bikes. So it failed in one of two of the important aspects.

The gfx on 08 were pretty impressive. Watching some of the races in slo-mo, you could really see the suspension working like a real bike, and the small wheelies exiting corners were from power alone.

As for getting a game to resemble anything what actually riding a bike, let alone racing a GP bike would ever feel like.. FORGET IT.

I didn't say any of the games resembled what riding a bike is like. I said that they have been able to simulate how a bike should move and behave. The guys who made this game obviously havn't even seen a race, let alone been on a bike.

Back
Top Bottom