MotoGP 2014 Season

Soldato
After being an absent viewer for a while I thought the 2013 season was fantastic, now the BBC go and lose the coverage and along with that they'll finally be losing my licence fee.

Flicking through BT Sport all I can really see is football and rugby, I won't be paying them £15 a month for 1 or 2 races of MotoGP, not a chance.

Ah well.

Soldato
There's also ESPN in the BT Sport package which has DTM and Indy and a number of other motorsport events, but it's not a killer deal at £15/month if football & rugby are not on your agenda. Glad I get web-access included with my broadband.

Soldato
I'll still be able to watch the races on BT sport (it's on Virgin) but I'm going to miss the Eurosport Team.

I went to Catalunya & Silverstone last year, can anybody recommend other European rounds to visit (as part of a weeks holiday with the wife) ?

Caporegime
There's also ESPN in the BT Sport package which has DTM and Indy and a number of other motorsport events, but it's not a killer deal at £15/month if football & rugby are not on your agenda. Glad I get web-access included with my broadband.

Same story with the Sky Sports packs. If your only interested in some of the minority sports on the channels they are incredibly poor value.

Do you get ESPN too if you get BT Sport free by having broadband with them?

Caporegime
Yes.

Apparently BT offered more than double the combined Eurosport and BBC deal. Dorna couldn't really turn it down with the way loads of teams are struggling to attract sponsors.

Soldato
Same story with the Sky Sports packs. If your only interested in some of the minority sports on the channels they are incredibly poor value.

Well there is a bit more than just football and rugby if you count ESPN. Depends if you're into US sports I guess...

Do you get ESPN too if you get BT Sport free by having broadband with them?

Yes.

Yes.

Apparently BT offered more than double the combined Eurosport and BBC deal.

Sounds like the same thing that happened with ESPN and Indycar, Sky Sports didn't care for making a competitive offer.

Soldato
There's also ESPN in the BT Sport package which has DTM and Indy and a number of other motorsport events, but it's not a killer deal at £15/month if football & rugby are not on your agenda.
To be honest I don't have masses amounts of spare time to watch any DTM or Indy, sitting down on a sunday to watch MotoGP was a bit of a treat.

Someone will hopefully find a decent stream.

Soldato
Got my BT Sport activated today, didn't realise I'd have to pay £3 for HD, no way I'd watch it without as I'm far too close to my TV for SD. I will watch the DTM too, makes it slightly better value.

Soldato
OP
some great news today another brit in motogp
Leon Camier will move to MotoGP this season, with Iodaracing.

The 27-year-old Englishman's deal is the main change on an updated 2014 MotoGP entry list released by the FIM, which also reveals that Ioda will switch from Suter-BMW to Aprilia ART machinery

Soldato
Surprised that there isn't any talk here of Ducati potentially switching from a Factory outfit to an Open entry.

That would allow them more engines (so more development), testing, softer tyres, and more fuel, at the expense of having to run the standard ECU.

Sounds like a good idea if it means they will be closer to Honda and Yamaha.

Soldato
OP
Surprised that there isn't any talk here of Ducati potentially switching from a Factory outfit to an Open entry.

That would allow them more engines (so more development), testing, softer tyres, and more fuel, at the expense of having to run the standard ECU.

Sounds like a good idea if it means they will be closer to Honda and Yamaha.

seen that too, but then a few days later ducati ruled it out for now for the full works bikes
they will say more after Sepang test in feb

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hopefully you guys get the World Feed commentary from Gavin Emmett and Nick Harris. Gavin Emmett is an amazing commentator. Up there with Toby Moody.

I hope not, cant stand the guys lol

it was yamaha's team launch today and not much has changed on the bike
same old same old really, there was some people(elsewhere) speculating on what it would look like with adidas now being a sponsor lol , boy did they get it wrong, adidas aren't even a sponsor
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/mcn/sport/sportresults/motogp/2014/january/jan1714-yamaha-unveil-2014/

Back
Top Bottom