MotoGP 2020

Soldato
Wow I thought you were having me on, just checked. Apparently will undergo a fitness test at 1pm today.. the guy is an absolute nutcase.

I do fear he will cut his career short one day, hope to see him race for many years yet.

A bit like Lorenzo was it in Asen. Flying to Barcelona having a plate put in his collar bone, then flying back and racing. IIRC he said no-one should ever do it. You could argue he's never been the same since.

Caporegime
Another superb race from Quateraro, a very well deserved result. I bet the team were getting a little twitchy after Morbidelli's bike packed up.
All the Yamaha riders have already used their allocation of engines and two engines, one each for Rossi and Morbidelli (I think, can’t find the tweet now) have actually been scrapped completely and can’t be used again. Apparently there’s a fundamental issue with an internal exhaust sensor that causes the engine to go into ‘limp mode’ even when the engine may actually be fine and Yamaha are asking FIM for permission to unseal the engine and resolve this which they can only do for safety reasons. I’d imagine they’re pushing hard on the whole ‘if this happens at the end of the Mugello straight riders will be crashing into each other at 200mph, we need to fix this!’ Angle.

Caporegime
I wonder if his attempt to ride last weekend made it worse, necessitating this operation and even longer out? He could have missed one race, now he will miss two, maybe more.

Soldato
Cal crashes too much and hes out of an an HRC contract at the end of the year so I can't see HRC offering him much this year.

He does.

But he tests the parts that MM will use.
After he goes there will be no one to do the testing.

HRC had the worst quail in there history, all because they made the bike that only 2 people can ride.

Honda is backing Cal for world superbike.

Hoping Mcphee will do well in the race.

Soldato
It's a shame that Marquez knackered himself opening a window at home or HRC would have likely had a better quali.

Did you see the interview with Puig? They're seriously claiming the thing that made the plate in MM93's shoulder crack (I think that's what happened, I could have course be wrong) was nothing to do with getting back on a crazy near 300bhp bike less than a week after surgery, it was nothing to do with the hard work he was putting in at the gym. No, it was described as a 'domestic incident' where he opened a heavy window. What utter rubbish.

Soldato
It's a shame that Marquez knackered himself opening a window at home or HRC would have likely had a better quali.

Did you see the interview with Puig? They're seriously claiming the thing that made the plate in MM93's shoulder crack (I think that's what happened, I could have course be wrong) was nothing to do with getting back on a crazy near 300bhp bike less than a week after surgery, it was nothing to do with the hard work he was putting in at the gym. No, it was described as a 'domestic incident' where he opened a heavy window. What utter rubbish.

Yeh it was utter rubbish :)

I'm hoping Honda change the way they make a bike for MotoGP

Soldato
As a KTM owner and fanboy I’m chuffed to bits to see Binder and KTM on the top step. They’ve clearly made a huge step with the bike over winter but to get the top step so soon is pretty amazing. Things are looking good for the double header in Austria. Hopefully Marquez is back in the mix too. For a short championship it’s shaping up nicely.

Man of Honour
Brad Binder looks like he'll be joining the ranks FQ & MM in the coming years as a championship challenger. Insane pace for a rookie on the KTM.

Aged alright :p

As a KTM owner and fanboy I’m chuffed to bits to see Binder and KTM on the top step. They’ve clearly made a huge step with the bike over winter but to get the top step so soon is pretty amazing. Things are looking good for the double header in Austria. Hopefully Marquez is back in the mix too. For a short championship it’s shaping up nicely.

Ditto, signing Pedrosa as a test rider was an inspired decision also.

Associate
Aged alright :p

Ditto, signing Pedrosa as a test rider was an inspired decision also.

The bike looks great this year, could have had a 1-2, as Poll was V quick as well. MO is also showing pace.

Hat's off to them for going their own way. People said they'd never win with a steel frame and WP suspension. 2nd in the constructors at the moment! (v early days yet)

Back
Top Bottom