Motorbike filtering...

Soldato
As soon as I saw the term 'cager' used, it conjured up someone with the same demeanour as an SWA (Short with Attitude).. And all sympathy flies out of the window, even 'if' the car driver did move over deliberately, or like occurs 99.999% of the time they just haven't seen you and are listening to Radio 1 drifting legally all over their lane.

Soldato
OP
As soon as I saw the term 'cager' used, it conjured up someone with the same demeanour as an SWA (Short with Attitude).. And all sympathy flies out of the window, even 'if' the car driver did move over deliberately, or like occurs 99.999% of the time they just haven't seen you and are listening to Radio 1 drifting legally all over their lane.

Well, 1) I'm 6'2" tall 2) I filter no faster than walking pace as all it takes is someone to move over slightly to knock you off 3) i was sat stationary when said chav did this 4) he saw me and knew I saw him look at me as visor was up 5) not hard to distinguish the stench of weed, dreadful stuff 6) I never show agression on the roads as its a pointless practise, but in this case he deserved it.

ags

Associate
It is not the car drivers responsibility to watch out for bikes filtering, filtering is an at-risk activity (especially when it involves creating an extra lane) with the onus and responsibility on the motorcyclist for the safety of the movement.

I'm amazed at how many bikers do not realise this.

I agree. A lot of motorcyclists seem to believe its their right to create that third lane, without consideration of its dangers.

However, I believe the point is more to do with car drivers who deliberately block motorcyclists from gaining an advantage, regardless of the motorcyclists consideration to their actions. I'm amazed at the amount of car drivers who do this.

Soldato
OP
I give up justifying that some idiot on the road got what he had coming to him, and apologise to anyone that may be offended by my attitude. I will back away from the thread now.

ags

edit: just to show another reason towards my anger given to this muppet, would it be a different game if he had (probably has done) the same at 40 whilst a biker goes to over take? Knocks the biker off and causes a fatal accident? Just a thought.

Soldato
This whole event is basically a lack of understanding and respect from both parties, lets hope that;

a) You learn to control your temper and appreciate that there are always going to be idiots on the road

b) Said Chav doesn't think to give the next innocent biker he sees a little revenge nudge :(

Soldato
OP
This whole event is basically a lack of understanding and respect from both parties, lets hope that;

a) You learn to control your temper and appreciate that there are always going to be idiots on the road

b) Said Chav doesn't think to give the next innocent biker he sees a little revenge nudge :(

Agree, thinking about my action it was rather stupid and reckless, I should have just shouted don't swear. FF. as I went past.

I can only hope he has learnt to be less arrogant.

ags

Soldato
Well, 1) I'm 6'2" tall 2) I filter no faster than walking pace as all it takes is someone to move over slightly to knock you off 3) i was sat stationary when said chav did this 4) he saw me and knew I saw him look at me as visor was up 5) not hard to distinguish the stench of weed, dreadful stuff 6) I never show agression on the roads as its a pointless practise, but in this case he deserved it.

ags

I meant that you have an obvious chip on your shoulder if you go around calling people 'cagers'...

It's not that I don't think the guy was in the wrong 'if' he did as you say, it's more the clear indication that not knowing you, and just reading the OP, I don't trust you to give me an unbiased view of the events..

That is all..

Associate
edit: just to show another reason towards my anger given to this muppet, would it be a different game if he had (probably has done) the same at 40 whilst a biker goes to over take? Knocks the biker off and causes a fatal accident? Just a thought.

You really think that the two incidents are even vaguely similar? Really?

Soldato
OP
You really think that the two incidents are even vaguely similar? Really?

Yes, unfortunatly they are.

Difference is in speed only.

Not sure if you ride bikes, but I have had a few car drivers do this to me, as I normally sit back until the car driver is fully aware of my intentions then move out and I have had several cases and so have my mates who I ride with along the A33 mostly when a car driver is in the left lane, we go past and he pulls into the right lane to stop us going by, trying to antagonise us into a 'race' or annoy us. Common to be honest.

ags

Associate
Yes when i had an office base job in Spain, i used to comute daily on my Bike. Spainish drivers are a lot more considerate compared to UK car driver, (Spanish just dont indicate or use thier mirrors)

I dont understand drivers that act this way, ive experienced in many times. Its not bikers faults your stuck in traffic in ur sofa on wheels! Bikers have a hard enough time as it is. Ive seen fellow bikers and freinds smack wing mirrors off car drivers who acts like fools, its wrong, but some drivers just need a little education. Be it a loss of a wing mirror, flem on the windscreen / thro the window. I havent done it myself, but ive tempted on more than one occasion.

Think about it for a second, a car changes lanes, almost knocks you of ur bike, or pulls out of a juncion " Not seeing you". They almost just took you're life, and when you confront them at the next set of lights, all you get it grief and abuse!

Edit: Bike's have 2 Wheels and can filter, Cars cant! Get over it!

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, unfortunatly they are.

Difference is in speed only.

Not sure if you ride bikes, but I have had a few car drivers do this to me, as I normally sit back until the car driver is fully aware of my intentions then move out and I have had several cases and so have my mates who I ride with along the A33 mostly when a car driver is in the left lane, we go past and he pulls into the right lane to stop us going by, trying to antagonise us into a 'race' or annoy us. Common to be honest.

ags

I've been riding bikes since I was able to, and in the case of filtering, I've had plenty of people that do make progress difficult, but a quick blip on the throttle and a little bit of patience, and I've never had any problems at all..

I find a not too loud CAN on the bike allows a gentle 'blip' that seems to alert people I'm there, and being on a sportsbike, they tend to just let me through knowing I won't be holding them up..

I can count on 1 hand how many times I've encoutered anyone that endangered me through deliberate action, and even then I had a word with them, and didn't do some damage and ride off..

But that's just me I guess..

Soldato
I also never call a vehicle by some imaginery gender or name for the same reason..

"I'm just taking Bettsie out for a good thrashin".. Just NO!!!!

Ah surely you must have given your tank a gentle pat and muttered "good girl" under your breath after coming out of a corner you didn't think you were going to make?! Or murmered some words of encouragement whilst trying to get it started on a cold morning?!" :p

Back
Top Bottom