Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Man of Honour
Paul Ricard looks to be runoff city. Wonder how it'll be for racing.
It's primarily a test track now. More money for Bernie that way. But yeah, loads of run offs. Replace some with barriers and astroturf and it could be ok. Will need temporary stands though.

I wonder what layout they'll use...

Man of Honour
I really don't like Paul Ricard for F1. Magny Cours would have been much better.

On a side note, it look's like the useless Palmer has been put on notice. Deliver or else!! That's the way I read this. He shouldn't have got the seat anyway as there are many drivers better than him without a seat this year.

Soldato
Magny-Cours would be terrible racing with the current cars (it was usually terrible anyway even before the 2000s trains) and Paul Ricard featured a big straight with a fast corner and that was all it had going for it. After they removed those and used the shorter track (after de Angelis's fatal testing accident as I recall) they might as well used the good old supermarket carpark analogy. I'm not looking forward to it if you can't tell.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-news-kvyat-sainz-collaboration-917914/

I'm beginning to wonder how Kvyat even landed himself in the top tier Red Bull in the first place. A driver mid pack should always be a team player. There's almost a hand full of drivers on the grid now that have had their chance to shine and have proved otherwise. With the attitude he has, he should be told to make way for someone more deserving IMO. He just sounds like more and more of a prat the more he screws up.

Soldato
I'm no fan of Kaltenborn, and there are some well-publicised issues from the past, the three driver fiasco being allowed to reach the race circuit the most well-known.

However, she kept the team alive, even competitive one year with Perez grabbing a couple of podiums, with very limited finances. She doesn't have a bad record for one of the bottom tier teams, until the engine formula changed. Plus she broke new ground as the first female team principal.

It was somewhat inevitable that the new owners would make a change at the top with results the way they've been. I wonder who's in line for the job?

Back
Top Bottom