Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
Vettel in a Racing Point in the middle of the grid is better than Vettel at the back of the grid in a Ferrari (for Vettel). Still, Vettel never fails to disappoint, so I don't expect a lot of change in the big scheme of things.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Vettel in a racing point in the middle of the grid is better than Vettel at the back of the grid in a Ferrari (for Vettel). Still, Vettel never fails to disappoint, so I don't expect a lot of change in the big scheme of things.

I fully expect Stroll to beat Vettel next season. Swapping Pérez for Vettel seems like madness given the current mediocrity of Seb's performances.

Soldato
I suppose being able to have '4x WDC' printed on their promotional material would look good. Though I'd have to be persuaded that Vettel would be a stronger driver among the midfield than Perez is. Never really had faith in his wheel-to-wheel racing.

Gutted for Perez. Team you helped save turns good and you get the sack.

Soldato
I fully expect Stroll to beat Vettel next season. Swapping Pérez for Vettel seems like madness given the current mediocrity of Seb's performances.

You would be wrong same as last time ;)

I called this in july :)

I think Vettel will go to Pink Merc in 2021.

And replace whom? Racing Point are pretty happy with Perez - and why wouldn't they be? - and Stroll is too well connected to ditch even if he doesn't perform well enough to keep his place this year.

I think Vettel leaving F1 is the most likely outcome now Renault have taken Alonso. Haas, Alfa, and Williams all might have a space for him, but would Vettel really want to take such a drive?

Soldato
If the car is to his liking I think he might come back a completely different driver to this season. Until this season he wasn't magically getting slower, instead he was making mistakes. In a car that is easier to driver and not so prone to pirouetting like the Ferrari (in his hands) and the RB (in Max's), I fully expect him to destroy Stoll, despite Stoll's improvement.

Soldato
Dani Ric must have Flavio Briatore as his manager. He's having the same luck as Fernando ATM.

The article reads that they have put the building up for sale and hope to lease it back. So the team itself isn't for sale. Can't see how that works really. Buy the centre for 200m then lease it back to them say at 10m a year, it takes 20 years to even get your initial investment back. Even at the double that, say 20m a year, it's still a big of a poor investment in my eyes.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
But McLaren isn't a sports team. It's a high end car company with a sports team attached.

More a sports team with a high end car company attached. And a car company that isn't exactly making money hand over fist.

That high end car company has Covid-related issues;

And the small matter of a reasonable portion of their meagre output* being not even slightly worth the money that they're trying to charge, on account of being built with all the care and attention to detail paid to most third world plumbing systems.

but it's fundamentals are sound

We-e-e-ell...

so it should bounce back when things pick up again next year.

I hope you're right. I really don't think you are, but I hope you're right.

* - they don't even sell as many cars as Lamborghini manage, let alone Ferrari...and Lamborghini have been pretty much out of business (they would have been without the unique Italian approach to bankruptcy) more than once over the years.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Back in June, the firm sealed a new £150m financing facility with Bahrain’s national bank, while 1,200 employees will be made redundant as part of a wide-ranging restructuring.

The redundancies will account for about a quarter of the Surrey-based firm’s workforce of 4,000.
:(

Back
Top Bottom