Mountain Biking

Soldato
Ok I will see if they have it in store to try out was considering the Voodoo bizango as well

The Bizango has been voted the best hardtail under £750 a few times.

I was going to get one myself, but Halfords would never give me a date as to when they were back in stock, and for some reason they wouldn't take my details so they could let me know either. So I went for the slightly more expensive GT instead.

Soldato
I have the Bizango. Great bike for the cash.

How long have you owned it any cons? its bit over my budget but the way things are at moment with everything sold out might have to buy it.

The Bizango has been voted the best hardtail under £750 a few times.

I was going to get one myself, but Halfords would never give me a date as to when they were back in stock, and for some reason they wouldn't take my details so they could let me know either. So I went for the slightly more expensive GT instead.

Unfortunately my local Halfords won't let me sit on the bike due to cov-19.. and they don't have the stand over height measurements either?
I wanted to get the Marin bobcat Trail 3 or the Vitus Nucleus 27 originally but theirs no stock anywhere... this hunt for bike is becoming hard.

Last edited:
Caporegime
How long have you owned it any cons? its bit over my budget but the way things are at moment with everything sold out might have to buy it.

Unfortunately my local Halfords won't let me sit on the bike due to cov-19.. and they don't have the stand over height measurements either?
I wanted to get the Marin bobcat Trail 3 or the Vitus Nucleus 27 originally but theirs no stock anywhere... this hunt for bike is becoming hard.

You get a discount if you join up for British Cycling Club. Like 10% iirc, for a £10 membership.

Pushed myself a little too far last week whilst riding, seems while riding up a set of steps (in the wrong gear!) I managed to both tear a load of lower back muscles and slip a disc! Massively annoyed at myself as not only a week of pain like I've never felt before but also means off the bike for the next few weeks at least. :(

In prep for getting back on the bike though I've picked up some new lights and a Crank Brothers M19 multitool, just need to find a decent under saddle bag that suits a dropper post.

What do you want to keep in it? Get a frame bag instead IMO, much better. Plus less chance of wrecking a dropper.

I've slipped a disc/wrecked my back. I was off for basically a year :/ I couldn't get out of bed some days. It's grim.

Soldato
What do you want to keep in it? Get a frame bag instead IMO, much better. Plus less chance of wrecking a dropper.
Travelling fairly light, multitool, tubeless repair kit, couple of CO2 canisters and an inflator

I'd consider a frame bag but seen any that would suit my available frame space, I have a Scott Genius with bottle cage fitted.

I've slipped a disc/wrecked my back. I was off for basically a year :/ I couldn't get out of bed some days. It's grim.
Yeah not been the most pleasant experience, gutted I'm off the bike at the moment. Been just over a week now and I can walk about although still fairly uncomfortable.

Caporegime
Travelling fairly light, multitool, tubeless repair kit, couple of CO2 canisters and an inflator

I'd consider a frame bag but seen any that would suit my available frame space, I have a Scott Genius with bottle cage fitted.

Yeah not been the most pleasant experience, gutted I'm off the bike at the moment. Been just over a week now and I can walk about although still fairly uncomfortable.

EVOC multi frame bag might fit. Though I've recently been converted to a bum bag, and they're absoutley amazing. I wrap a tube around my frame, and keep the bum bag with snacks in my car.

Caporegime
Soldato

Had it for 16 months now. Reliability wise, it's fine.

I've since made some changes to it:

• Converted to tubeless
  • Replaced handlebars - replaced with bars with a bit more of a rise and sweep. I suffer from back issues and switch made his more comfortable for me
  • Replaced grips
  • Replaced pedals with lighter, larger platform variants
Other than that, all stock and still running fine on the original hardware.

I think the thing to look out for is the bottom bracket failing. The Bizango has a Powerspline unit that can get filled over time with the elements, causing failure. Replacement units are fairly cheap though and looks a simple DIY job. The rear hub is also a boost 141 QR, which I read does limit upgrade path further down the line.

Wish it had a dropper to be honest though. Was tempted to purchase one but I intend to continue riding it through winter and then look to purchase an additional bike for the spring/summer months, keeping the Bizango as a winter hack.

Soldato
If anyone is buying from Halfords, I can get you an extra 10% off any price, whether discounted or not. It's a work perk (I get discounts at loads of places as I work for Vodafone). I can just buy a gift voucher at a 10% discount. I bought my Boardman Team 29 using one.

The Bizango is currently £675, I can buy a gift voucher for £607.50. You can print it off and redeem in store or use online.

If anyone is interested let me know. :)

Soldato
If anyone is buying from Halfords, I can get you an extra 10% off any price, whether discounted or not. It's a work perk (I get discounts at loads of places as I work for Vodafone). I can just buy a gift voucher at a 10% discount. I bought my Boardman Team 29 using one.

The Bizango is currently £675, I can buy a gift voucher for £607.50. You can print it off and redeem in store or use online.

If anyone is interested let me know. :)

Still not 100% getting the bizango but that would be be amazing :) any idea if this stacks with British cycling discount?

I found some 10% off code on ebay but the price changed from 99p to £99......

Last edited:
Soldato
No idea to be honest but worth asking them if you can use the discount and pay via gift card. You might get lucky.

I think I will go for the Bizango can't find any other bike I want in stock :( how do I go about getting this voucher form you.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bike availability is a complete mess. Gravel bikes seem to have sold out until next year, orbea are next year and November for a ribble.

We've got a Cube Acid coming in a 17" blue which we don't need as it isn't sold but the bikes we are waiting on just come in random drops with no confirmed dates.:o

Soldato
I had a Cube Reaction Race delivered end of last week. Had my first proper go last night. Feels pretty decent, could do with a slightly longer stem for me.

Chain was falling off when back pedaling in the highest cog. (GX groupset) Will need to address that.

I have a Ragley Blue Pig frame which I've slowly been collecting parts for. Should have the wheels on Monday and I can start the build process. Is my first build and very excited to get stuck in. :)

Caporegime
I had a Cube Reaction Race delivered end of last week. Had my first proper go last night. Feels pretty decent, could do with a slightly longer stem for me.

Chain was falling off when back pedaling in the highest cog. (GX groupset) Will need to address that.

I have a Ragley Blue Pig frame which I've slowly been collecting parts for. Should have the wheels on Monday and I can start the build process. Is my first build and very excited to get stuck in. :)

Isn't that just a thing with the GX groupset in the big 50T?

Soldato
Isn't that just a thing with the GX groupset in the big 50T?

I wondered that. Seems either standard procedure or misaligned derailleur. I noticed the chain fell off rather than dropped down a cog so might need a little tweaking.

Have the same groupset to go on the BluePig so hopefully will get them both shifting nicely.

Soldato
Bike availability is a complete mess. Gravel bikes seem to have sold out until next year, orbea are next year and November for a ribble.

We've got a Cube Acid coming in a 17" blue which we don't need as it isn't sold but the bikes we are waiting on just come in random drops with no confirmed dates.:o

New Nukeproof Scouts out on 14th September and lot's of stock according to them.

I've got a Whyte 905 on back order due in November but had to order early July with a deposit.

Soldato
I think I will go for the Bizango can't find any other bike I want in stock :( how do I go about getting this voucher form you.

If you want a to do it, you send me the money, I buy the gift voucher and email it back to you. You can either use it online (long number and PIN) or print it off and use it in store. Check my trust, it's a honest offer..:)

Back
Top Bottom