Mountain Biking

Soldato
If you want a to do it, you send me the money, I buy the gift voucher and email it back to you. You can either use it online (long number and PIN) or print it off and use it in store. Check my trust, it's a honest offer..:)

I sent you a trust message

Associate
I wondered that. Seems either standard procedure or misaligned derailleur. I noticed the chain fell off rather than dropped down a cog so might need a little tweaking.

Have the same groupset to go on the BluePig so hopefully will get them both shifting nicely.
i think the backpeddle and chain slip/drop on the 50t is common with Eagle. Originally thought it was poor, but after a lot of use I realise I only really use the 50T on v steep climbs and dont backpedal. If it's something technical and I'm worried about the crank position then it's usually ok for 1/4 turn or I'm not in that 50t dishplate.

Enjoy the Blue Pig, I built one myself at the end of last year. Ace bike. If you're worried about rust then get hold of some Fluid Film and spray it into the tubes (what I did anyway) after seeing: https://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/anti-corrosion-product-shootout-1073581.html

Soldato
Bike availability is a complete mess. Gravel bikes seem to have sold out until next year, orbea are next year and November for a ribble.

We've got a Cube Acid coming in a 17" blue which we don't need as it isn't sold but the bikes we are waiting on just come in random drops with no confirmed dates.:o

Yeah, I've been trying to get a new bike for nearly a year now. I think I got lucky when I phoned my local bike shop and I was able to put down a deposit on the GT. So at least, barring any **** ups, it's mine.

Soldato
I think I will go for the Bizango can't find any other bike I want in stock :( how do I go about getting this voucher form you.

Bit late to the party on this one but I have had a Bizango for 18 months and done about 1000km of singletrack on it so far. Fantastic bike for the money and has handle everything brillaintly so far. Lots of people complain about the bottom brackets on them, personally not had any issue but are cheap to replace or upgrade. For the money you will struggle to find a better spec bike

I would just say be wary of halfords bike building, I found a load of loose bolts on mine and my girlfriend they had cross threaded the cranks(they did upgrade them for free when point out). So definetley check everythign once you have the bike before riding anywhere.

As for upgrades all I have done is:

Went Tubeless
New Grips
New Pedals
Dropper Post

A fellow members have wide hobbit feet what shoes do you recommend? I'm looking for flat ones with out clips

Fivetens are the standard go to, I have some northwave tribes but they are narrower so avoid them!

Soldato
Bit late to the party on this one but I have had a Bizango for 18 months and done about 1000km of singletrack on it so far. Fantastic bike for the money and has handle everything brillaintly so far. Lots of people complain about the bottom brackets on them, personally not had any issue but are cheap to replace or upgrade. For the money you will struggle to find a better spec bike

I would just say be wary of halfords bike building, I found a load of loose bolts on mine and my girlfriend they had cross threaded the cranks(they did upgrade them for free when point out). So definetley check everythign once you have the bike before riding anywhere.

As for upgrades all I have done is:

Went Tubeless
New Grips
New Pedals
Dropper Post

Fivetens are the standard go to, I have some northwave tribes but they are narrower so avoid them!

Thanks for the feedback unfortunately is out of stock everywhere near me :( back to searching the used market...

Caporegime
Phone call from the shop - forks are broke! :/

2nd hand forks to get me through BPW next week and it feels like a sign to buy a new bike!

Soldato
Complete nightmare at the minute trying to find a decent bike, hope you have some luck

Its terrible the vitus nuclues 27 VR was back in stock yesterday, but they removed the small size as their all out of stock.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its terrible the vitus nuclues 27 VR was back in stock yesterday, but they removed the small size as their all out of stock.

2nd hand market should hopefully pick up soon, noticing more lockdown purchases coming up for sale. Imagine there are a lot more to come!

Soldato
2nd hand market should hopefully pick up soon, noticing more lockdown purchases coming up for sale. Imagine there are a lot more to come!

It is a bit I'm finding it hard to find a small bike, I found a three month old vitus nuclues 27 but for £470... not sure if to hold out for the 2021 models.

Soldato
It is a bit I'm finding it hard to find a small bike, I found a three month old vitus nuclues 27 but for £470... not sure if to hold out for the 2021 models.

Doesnt really seem to be that much of a saving, more will appear and demand will be low due to winter so prices should come down and if they dont 2021 models will come in stock anyway. At least thats my thinking in regards to getting a new bike and hoping to pick up a decent deal on a FS

Soldato
Doesnt really seem to be that much of a saving, more will appear and demand will be low due to winter so prices should come down and if they dont 2021 models will come in stock anyway. At least thats my thinking in regards to getting a new bike and hoping to pick up a decent deal on a FS

I think I will hold out and wait for 2021 models or better used deal I'm finding it hard to choose between small and medium... on the nuclues 27, I should go for a small as I'm 5'5 but the reach seems to short for me.

I have only been out twice on a mountain bike does stand over height matter that much? I understand my balls might get bashed but i tend to angle the bike a bit when getting on and off my last road bike was medium.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think I will hold out and wait for 2021 models or better used deal I'm finding it hard to choose between small and medium... on the nuclues 27, I should go for a small as I'm 5'5 but the reach seems to short for me.

I have only been out twice on a mountain bike does stand over height matter that much? I understand my balls might get bashed but i tend to angle the bike a bit when getting on and off my last road bike was medium.

New, decent, bikes have short standover on most of their sizes with only the reach changing then it's up to the consumer to decide what reach they want and not be penalised on standover height.

Have you been checking Pinkbike for 2nd hand bikes? Normally a bit more 'exotic' but you sometimes get a bargain.

Back
Top Bottom