Mountain Biking

Soldato
Does anyone know bottle holder where the mount sits higher up from the bottle? My current bottle holder on my bizango has very little clearance the bottle hits the top frame.

Last edited:
Soldato
Voodoo bizango owners in need your help my crank came off while ridding i lost the bolt, the teeth on the crank that connect to the bottom bracket look damaged i put the crank back on but not sure if its on properly. Is it meant to sit flush or does this look ok....:confused:

SLn3iXv.jpg.png

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Someone pointed out the colour scheme of the Marin was:

SavedByTheBell.png

I also have a pair of Wolftooth Fat Paw silicone grips coming today so took off the Marin grips which are soft silicone and actually realy nice but I just wanted something thicker. I was expecting to battle getting them off but as they are silicone, just rolled them off lol:

GripsOff.jpg

Was quite impressed by the finishing quality of the handlebar. Bevelled edge, nice finish and marker points. The inside of the bar is also finished nicely. Wasn't expecting that at this price point but it seems most of the Trail bikes share the same quality, same frame etc just the components attached vary on spec. Nice to see as it means when I do upgrades, I don't have to change these things.

Lastly got an Amazon quick release for the 2nd time, wrngly ordered a 30.9mm one before and needed the next size up. Really good quality aluminium for £7

QuickRelease.jpg

Cannot unsee that now haha.

Thank you mrk. Have an Elite holder on the way tomorrow but that looks good for £7!

No prob! Hopefully it's what you've been after, been doing me fine so far!

Does anyone know bottle holder where the mount sits higher up from the bottle? My current bottle holder on my bizango has very little clearance the bottle hits the top frame.

Got a pic of how the current one fits for reference? The one I linked has a recess so sits slightly on top but the recess has a surround so covers the frame around the boss nuts stopping dirt etc getting in that area. Oof about the crank coming off, that's odd, did you self build when buying that or shop built?

Associate
Voodoo bizango owners in need your help my crank came off while ridding i lost the bolt, the teeth on the crank that connect to the bottom bracket look damaged i put the crank back on but not sure if its on properly. Is it meant to sit flush or does this look ok....:confused:

SLn3iXv.jpg.png
dunno why, but that doesn't look right to me - don't think you should be able to see the splines.

questions I'd be asking, or wanting to check:
1) bottom bracket - looks like it's not flush with the frame, is there movement? is it fully fitted?
2) crank - looks like it's sticking out of the bottom bracket and floating about - can it move side to side at all? shouldn't be any movement, so if it slides in/out then something's wrong.
3) spacer missing? Possibly should be a spacer/tube covering the crank to lock it in place? Did something fall off when the crank arm came off?
4) torque/tightness of the crank bolt - looks looks like it's not fully done up with those splines visible. I think the torque for cranks is quite high, so make sure it's properly tight/done-up...

you say "the teeth on the crank that connect to the bottom bracket look damaged" - you mean the ribs running along the crank (called splines)? Where/why do you think they're damaged? got photos? If they're damaged then they're not going to interlock correctly and you're just going to have it flopping about like a Scotsman in a kilt

Soldato
Those power spline setups are utter gash.

Had a few through the shop with left hand cranks fallen off, usually destroying the crank and the bottom bracket splines.

I'd replace with a shimano setup personally unless you can put some blame on halfords who won't have tightened the 8mm Allen keys.

They have to be pretty tight as its a taper fit on the axle, 40nm springs to mind.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Fat Paws arrived this evening, so in the dark I set to work, was easier than I thought following the instructions :cool:

Only issue is because the Marin handlebar is so thick, the end caps didn't fit whilst the grips themselves were a perfect fit. So I removed the stock end caps off the MArin grips and used those transplanting the Wolftooth rubber stickers over.

WolfTooth_FatPaw_20200926_193453.jpg

WolfTooth_FatPaw_20200926_201233.jpg

Soldato
Yes it should be flush. As you tighten the allen bolt the crank moves over the splines and gets tighter and tighter until it stops.

Someone pointed out the colour scheme of the Marin was:

I also have a pair of Wolftooth Fat Paw silicone grips coming today so took off the Marin grips which are soft silicone and actually realy nice but I just wanted something thicker. I was expecting to battle getting them off but as they are silicone, just rolled them off lol:

GripsOff.jpg
Are you going to sort that headset spacer tower out? :D

Fat Paws arrived this evening, so in the dark I set to work, was easier than I thought following the instructions :cool:

Only issue is because the Marin handlebar is so thick, the end caps didn't fit whilst the grips themselves were a perfect fit. So I removed the stock end caps off the MArin grips and used those transplanting the Wolftooth rubber stickers over.
Interesting grips! Be interested to see how you find them. They look quite soft.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Headset spacer? Some Marin bikes seem to come with extra long stems so if I remove the spacers all I see is stem and I don't want to move the bar higher as for my riding position that ends up being too high. Essentially there's nothing to sort out lol.

xx9yTLG.jpg

On the grips, went for a 20 mile ride this morning and have to say the grips are superb. They are soft enough to be comfortable and in the cold they warm up quickly with hand heat so this is good. As they're pure silicone they have a friction/tacky (not the bad kind) feel to them too. They aren't as thick in person as photos make out.om

Soldato
Yes it should be flush. As you tighten the allen bolt the crank moves over the splines and gets tighter and tighter until it stops.

That worked i removed the bolt from the other crank and put it on the drive side, the are not teeth showing just waiting on my new bolts now...

dunno why, but that doesn't look right to me - don't think you should be able to see the splines.

questions I'd be asking, or wanting to check:
1) bottom bracket - looks like it's not flush with the frame, is there movement? is it fully fitted?
2) crank - looks like it's sticking out of the bottom bracket and floating about - can it move side to side at all? shouldn't be any movement, so if it slides in/out then something's wrong.
3) spacer missing? Possibly should be a spacer/tube covering the crank to lock it in place? Did something fall off when the crank arm came off?
4) torque/tightness of the crank bolt - looks looks like it's not fully done up with those splines visible. I think the torque for cranks is quite high, so make sure it's properly tight/done-up...

you say "the teeth on the crank that connect to the bottom bracket look damaged" - you mean the ribs running along the crank (called splines)? Where/why do you think they're damaged? got photos? If they're damaged then they're not going to interlock correctly and you're just going to have it flopping about like a Scotsman in a kilt

Not sure why they made the BB stick out on the drive side, when the other side is very slightly intended into the fram. I sorted it out now no teeth are showing and thier is no movement, I ordered these to replace the missing bolt will they do? I could not find my current bolts

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KAJ7WZ2/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Zee side cage, or get a mount to move the mounting holes lower.

Thanks i will check it out

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure why they made the BB stick out on the drive side, when the other side is very slightly intended into the fram. I sorted it out now no teeth are showing and thier is no movement, I ordered these to replace the missing bolt will they do? I could not find my current bolts

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KAJ7WZ2/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yea those bolts will work. I use a dab of locktite on my Bizango as the powerspline stuff always seems to loosen over time.

Back
Top Bottom