Mountain Biking

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ha ha :D get a dropper post ;)

Funny story about this! I actually bought one off eBay which was advertised as one with both internal and external cable routing for £55.The price seemed great and the quality seemed good too with 100mm of drop which was fine for my needs.

The post arrived and it was indeed excellent quality but I saw no way to internally cable route from the bottom as described so they'd sent me the wrong one it seems.

I am currently in the process of getting a refund and the seller is offering me a lesser amount so I can keep the post without having to send it back adding more time and cost shipping it back to HK.

The joys of ebay.

I have decided to bin that idea now and just cut my existing post in half so I have a usable length for my needs and with quick release will be simple enough to adjust and then sell the dropper post on FB/Gumtree etc for a decent sum and end up a few ££ in profit out of the whole saga.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Wow that is cheap !

Lol, I can see your bike quickly becoming like Trigger's broom :p:D

Haha maybe! Although all I want now in terms of future upgrades once I am better skilled are better forks, and sooner rather than later, a 1x10 drivetrain. A local bike shop owner has said he's had competetive prices for the last 15 years on parts and servicing, so I will go to him in the new year to look at what my options are. Forks can wait as current ones seem to be good so far and I will not be doing downhill with logs and rocks anytime soon lol.

I just love the way this bike looks :D

The eBay seller btw has refunded me £45 as I am keeping the dropper post. I did consider putting it on the bike and modding the external cable release with a pull tab that I could use as a manually operated dropper when needed but I think I'd rather sell it and have a low seated position anyway as I've now cut about 3.5 inches off my stock seat post and it's much better now.

Soldato
Haha maybe! Although all I want now in terms of future upgrades once I am better skilled are better forks, and sooner rather than later, a 1x10 drivetrain. A local bike shop owner has said he's had competetive prices for the last 15 years on parts and servicing, so I will go to him in the new year to look at what my options are. Forks can wait as current ones seem to be good so far and I will not be doing downhill with logs and rocks anytime soon lol.

I just love the way this bike looks :D

The eBay seller btw has refunded me £45 as I am keeping the dropper post. I did consider putting it on the bike and modding the external cable release with a pull tab that I could use as a manually operated dropper when needed but I think I'd rather sell it and have a low seated position anyway as I've now cut about 3.5 inches off my stock seat post and it's much better now.

I am slowing upgrading my bike so far I have new peddals and 3M helicopter tape to protect the frame, Looking for a dropper post but ones i want are out of stock :( and my frame has very short insert length

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Thinking about it logically, I don't really need a dropper post and all but the most expensive ones add additional weight up up on the frame which throws off centre of gravity so I've decided to keep it simple and just use quick release when I need to lower the seat!

Soldato
Finally finished my Ragley Blue Pig build

50393717042_5d482968a6_z.jpg

Apologies for the car behind :o

First ride yesterday, nothing much as had the kids in tow. Feels really nice to ride, shifts lovely (SRAM GX)

Was going to keep the Pig for me time rides but is so nice to ride I'm putting my month old Cube up for sale (I know some like to collect their bikes but I don't really have the garage space :) )

Soldato
Got a deposit on a Whyte 905 V3 due in November, but I hear whispers of a Calibre Triple B Pro dropping soon which may, depending on the price, sway me to to full-suspension. Also waiting for reviews on the new Boardman MTR 9.0 which I can get for the same price as the Whyte with a work discount.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Amazon Prime members, watch return To Earth on there, 47 min movie with such stunning views from around the world of MTBers doing stunts on trails, parks and everything in-between. Some amazing music accompanies, too.

So good.

Soldato
Finally finished my Ragley Blue Pig build

50393717042_5d482968a6_z.jpg

Apologies for the car behind :o

First ride yesterday, nothing much as had the kids in tow. Feels really nice to ride, shifts lovely (SRAM GX)

Was going to keep the Pig for me time rides but is so nice to ride I'm putting my month old Cube up for sale (I know some like to collect their bikes but I don't really have the garage space :) )

Very nice looking bike

Last edited:
Soldato
Thinking about it logically, I don't really need a dropper post and all but the most expensive ones add additional weight up up on the frame which throws off centre of gravity so I've decided to keep it simple and just use quick release when I need to lower the seat!

Not enough weight to make a difference. I wouldn't want to go without a dropper now I've had one, 100% worthwhile. It's just good to be able to have the saddle out of your way. And I'm an absolute rubbish trundler of a rider who isn't rad or gnarly in the slightest.

Do you have a picture of the post?

You can get seat clamps with external dropper post cable lugs in them - if you're only out a tenner for the seatpost, another tenner to get it cabled up is worth it imo.

Caporegime

The tiny amount of weight added over the bb, directly below your weight will do squat to the bikes handling. Once you've had a dropper, going back is like going from a iphone to a 3310.

So just dont buy one and youll be fine

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Here's a pic of it, there's no way to internally cable route it as mentioned though.

wmphYsg.jpg

I should add that it was bought this evening by a local guy so it's gone. I will likely look at this again in the near future with an internal cabled one. I've also noticed that my cable routing guides on the frame are dual holed which is fine with matching grommets but as I have the front derailleur cable going through one and the rear mech/brake cables going through the others, all my holes are being used on the grommets. So maybe I should look at this once I go 1x10 and free up one hole jsut to make things simpler.

Back
Top Bottom