1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mounting MCE IR inside case

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by David230, 23 May 2006.

1. David230

Hitman

I know a couple of people would like to see this so heres a quick guide on how I fitted it. This was in a Lascala LC03 HTPC case

Normal MCE 2005 remote and receiver

[​IMG]

To get the receiver case apart there are 2 x mini torx screws hidden under 2 rubber feet at the front of the unit. Then theres 1 more screw which holds the board in place.

[​IMG]

I have an ideal mounting spot in my case where all I had to do to mount the board is use some sticky pads which meant the sensor itself was in exactly the right place in between the small gap in the case and the VFD board. More luck than judgement. :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: 23 May 2006
  2. David230

Hitman

Heres the board mounted in position. Just need to run the cable to the back and out one of the expansion slots.

[​IMG]

You can just about make out the IR sensor to the right.

[​IMG]

It took all of 10mins to do and works just as well as if you were using it in the receiver box.. :cool:

Last edited: 23 May 2006
  3. Sumanji

Sgarrista

Cheers for the guide mate :) is the circled bit the receiver then? So it is kinda kinda getting the signal after passing through a clear bit in the VFD cover?

[​IMG]

Cheers,

Suman

4. jellybeard999

Sgarrista

like it :)

is the receiver covered with perspex ? or just a hole ?

may do this with my htpc :D

5. David230

Hitman

Yes, thats the sensor where you have circled. It works fine from almost any seating position.

It was lucky for me that the case I have was the VFD version which meant the display was already there with the perspex etc Which just meant putting the ir in next to the vfd board. Which has worked out really well.

6. orderoftheflame

Capodecina

very nice :) does the cable plug in internaly? or are you having to feed it out the back of the case to a USB (presumably?) plug?

7. David230

Hitman

Cable goes out the back, but I will change that soon when I find my usb card.

The vfd is done the same just goes to parrallel port.