1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mouth or Nose

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ciphon, 18 Sep 2009.

1. Ciphon

Wise Guy

When your laying in bed at night trying to get to sleep, do you breath through your mouth, or through your nose?

I'm a nose breather, as when I breath through my mouth, my lips, mouth and back of my throat go completely dry, and there is no way I'll fall asleep like that.

My girlfriend is a mouth breather, and gets extremely annoyed when I breath through my nose, saying it's louder and it stops her from falling asleep! I don't consider myself to be a heavy breather.

I was just wondering what the consensus on this is, and if possible, could a poll be added? :D

2. Le_Petit_Lapin

Capodecina

Mouth, and I reportedly snore like a pig. Nose is always semi-blocked though.

3. The Dread Pirate

Capodecina

I breathe through both except when I'm eating then it's just nose!

4. theevilsam

Gangster

I try not to breath, that gets me to sleep really quickly... ;)

A bit of both though?

5. Makunouchi

Mobster

Nose obviously.... how could anyone do it through the mouth and not wake up totally dry mouthed, dehydrated and with a headache?

6. antijoke

Caporegime

Ears. She loves it.

7. The Dread Pirate

Capodecina

I can! Although after a heavy nights drinking I do wake up with those symptoms regardless! My advice to you would be drink less!

8. Fenris

Sgarrista

Nose, I hate having my mouth open when I'm trying to sleep, if I have a cold for instane and can't breath through my nose it takes me ages to get to sleep.

9. reflux

Capodecina

Nose, if I can. I sleep face down, and peculiarly if I turn on my right my nose usually blocks, which means I have to sleep on my left which means I have an achy neck most of the time :(

10. y2viks

Wise Guy

I guess my nose, because the only time i get dry mouth is when i have a blocked nose

11. agnes

Capodecina

Not sure, normally I am asleep, I am told I snore as loud as a whale during mating season though.

ags

12. Deadbeat

Soldato

My ex said this in response to an 'ideal man' question - extremely long tongue, breathes through his ears.

13. bitslice

PermaBanned

lol :)

mouth,
    nose breathers make an annoying whistling noise, but I think the body is designed to breathe in through the nose - that's why it has hairs and the mouth doesn't (generally)

14. BennyC

Capodecina

Nose until I fall asleep. Then the jaw drops open, dribble floods out and the cotton mouth ensues. :p

15. twist3d0n3

Capodecina

don't you get a sore throat if you breath through your mouth? whenever i've got a cold and thus a blocked nose, i have to breath through my mouth, and if i didn't have a sore throat before, guaranteed i do after :(

16. Marky

Capodecina

Nose - but I may open my mouth during the night whilst sleeping to eat spiders... yum :)

17. SfnX

Wise Guy

nose, unless i have a cold

18. h00fzilla

Hitman

Same.

I have a deviated septum from several nose breaks; I need to get it sorted at some point or my girlfriend will smother me in my sleep so she can get some proper kip.

19. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

Popped in here thinking it was a thread about where you hit someone at the start of a fight, lol

20. mac1st3

Mobster

usually nose, but once I'm asleep it depends on if I've been drinking or how I'm lying, then I'll use my mouth