Moved Site Hosting from AWS to Siteground - Strange Issue with Old IP!

Soldato
Hi guys,

I set up a new website on a staging sub-domain for our agency with the view to once completed we would move this to a new hosting company and it would become our live site. I wanted to move us away from AWS as we just didn't need the overly complicated setup and cost of AWS for what was simply a brochure website.

We chose a hosting provider (Siteground) who were pretty well reviewed over in Australia and when I completed the staging site we moved that site to over to them using a Wordpress migration tool to become the new live site. All was well. We changed the DNS in our GoDaddy account for our domain to the new Siteground DNS which propagated perfectly after a few hours. All is fine, site migrated, everyone was happy.

So it turns out now that there is some data stored in the old Wordpress site we had in the forms section that we now need. Luckily the AWS server instance is still up and running and I assumed I would be able to access it via the IP of the server + /wp-admin, however, when I do that, for some reason the AWS server IP is taking me to our NEW website /wp-admin login page and I can't for the life of me see how/why?!

Hopefully the above makes sense. The AWS was set up by a previous member of staff but no one here really has any experience with AWS and in particular the linux instance/web server thats been set up on it to be able to jump in and help us sort it. Can anyone shed any light on how we might be able to:
A) access the old website thats online still
B) stop the AWS ip taking us to the new website?

Back
Top Bottom