• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI GeForce GTX 1660 & LG 34UC98 Ultrawide

Associate
I have just purchased and installed the above graphics card. I have the weirdest issue ever and it's doing my nut in!

The PC boots as normal, i can see the bios screen and it goes through to the Windows logo with the turning circle and then all of a sudden the monitor will go to standby.

It works through Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking etc. I have even tried updating the GFX's driver through there but i have had no luck.

I have connected it to the monitor via a Displayport Cable. I do not have a on board GFX card - motherboard is a P5KC.

What can possibly be the issue?

Last edited:
Soldato
I have just purchased and installed the above graphics card. I have the weirdest issue ever and it's doing my nut in!

The PC boots as normal, i can see the bios screen and it goes through to the Windows logo with the turning circle and then all of a sudden the monitor will go to standby.

It works through Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking etc. I have even tried updating the GFX's driver through there but i have had no luck.

I have connected it to the monitor via a Displayport Cable. I do not have a on board GFX card - motherboard is a P5KC.

What can possibly be the issue?

Use DDU in safe mode first

Associate
OP
The issue is that i can get into Safe Mode - i can see the windows screen etc, but it's just not allowing me to go through to the login screen.

What's DDU?

Back
Top Bottom