• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
So the Ventus has a 5/1 capacitor arrangement, EVGA have said the found 5/1 was fine for their XC3 cards (lower factory clock, lower power).

Soldato
Its ironic that some people didn't bother waiting for AMD's lineup because of their driver issues :D

And they mostly fixed those now :D

This isn't a driver issue though, it's a hardware defect and the cards do not meet Nvidia's spec. There is no fix other than to replace the card :/

Associate
And they mostly fixed those now :D

This isn't a driver issue though, it's a hardware defect and the cards do not meet Nvidia's spec. There is no fix other than to replace the card :/

You sound cut because you don't own one I do and I'm yet to encounter a problem so just saying the problem might be in his back yard as we have the same rtx3080

Soldato
You sound cut because you don't own one I do and I'm yet to encounter a problem so just saying the problem might be in his back yard as we have the same rtx3080

Lol why would I want to own one?

Look at the disaster it's been so far and I'm betting we haven't seen all of the issues come to light yet.

Associate
Hi, can you try going on Nvidia control panel and setting it to maximum performance (instead of power saving/adaptive)? Also, you can try using DDU and reinstalling the drivers and also making sure that windows is updated.

Also, let us know how your RMA experience is. I wish you the best of luck. It sucks that you have to go through with this after all the effort you put into getting this baby.

PS: If it is an issue with aggressive clocks leading to system instability the 3080 should apparently not crash unlike previous architecture. It would apparently underperform (which has been confirmed by various overclockers when trying to locate a stable clock). Also, can you tell us if the crash you're experiencing is the one where the screen goes dark, the fans on your GPU spin at max and you're forced to hard reset in order to use your PC again?

Associate
Have just cancelled my Ventus 3080. Not enough info from OcUK and now all these problems with capacitors and crashing on all the different cards. No thanks.

I’m going to sit tight and wait for AMD to show their hand then decide what to do. I can wait.

The whole thing has been a shambles.

Associate
Have just cancelled my Ventus 3080. Not enough info from OcUK and now all these problems with capacitors and crashing on all the different cards. No thanks.

I’m going to sit tight and wait for AMD to show their hand then decide what to do. I can wait.

The whole thing has been a shambles.
Mine cancelled too, £650+ for a possibly dodgy GPU with no ETA/communication

Hope AMD get on the ball for the 6900xt with 3080+ performance, 16gb vram, good drivers and decent supply for 599£.

TrM

TrM

Associate
Mine cancelled too, £650+ for a possibly dodgy GPU with no ETA/communication

Hope AMD get on the ball for the 6900xt with 3080+ performance, 16gb vram, good drivers and decent supply for 599£.

why does everyone expect amd to price it below nividia if they can match them? amd have proven with the 5700xt and ryzen cpu that they will match the price there competing aginst so amd will gof or the same price point as nvidia. if it also matches 3800 expect same shortage and price rises we have now:)

Associate
why does everyone expect amd to price it below nividia if they can match them? amd have proven with the 5700xt and ryzen cpu that they will match the price there competing aginst so amd will gof or the same price point as nvidia. if it also matches 3800 expect same shortage and price rises we have now:)
Because if AMD want GPU marketshare they can't just match Nvidias price/performance. People will still pay extra for an Nvidia card even if its slower than a similar priced AMD card.

They need to do exactly what they did with Ryzen pricing.. if the 6900xt is slightly faster than the 3080 but priced above a 3080 the majority won't buy it.
Especially with no dlss and sub par raytracing performance.

Associate
Hello all,

Please, all those that are having (or had) problems with the card can make a photo of the back, just to see the capacitors. And those that are not having issues aswell?

What I saw is that in lot of websites the card with 6 SP-CAP and in others (youtoube videos too) cards with 5 SP-CAP and 1 MLCC. This last one seems to be fine.

Thanks all of you!

Soldato
Hello all,

Please, all those that are having (or had) problems with the card can make a photo of the back, just to see the capacitors. And those that are not having issues aswell?

What I saw is that in lot of websites the card with 6 SP-CAP and in others (youtoube videos too) cards with 5 SP-CAP and 1 MLCC. This last one seems to be fine.

Thanks all of you!

CBA taking a picture but mine has 1 MLCC block and 5 SP-CAPs.

Soldato
And did you experience any crash?

Yes a couple of times in it's configuration straight out of the box. It's default fan curve is not nearly aggressive enough for the factory overclock they applied in my opinion, fans don't really start until it's already at 65 degrees lol.

I've got a couple of overclocks that are stable but I am generally running +0/+500 with voltage slider and temperature slider at max with the following fan curve: 45% (700rpm) all the way until 40 degrees then up to 70% (2000rpm) at 45 degrees then a fixed 2000rpm. Seems to run good, stable, average clock is about 1815-1845mhz. Temps stay high 60s under full load, sometimes can hit 70.

Associate
I have he card for two days already. Not even a crash, nothing wrong with it. It could be related to temps as well. I have mine at 60-65c max with fan 100%. Always had my cards at 100% fan when playing, noise doesnt bother me.

Soldato
Ive played GTA V with NVE mod + Reshade all today and not had one crash.
Boosting over 2070 sometimes MSI Ventus OC.For reference:

I was getting about 38 with mi 1080Ti and with the 3080 58

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom