• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

TrM

TrM

Associate
Looks like the delivery scheduled for this week at Scan has now been pushed back to the 14th October. I'm guessing the delay may be due to the issues being experienced and a possible manufacturing delay to fix the boards?

i highly doubt it Graphic cards take time to make and time to ship around the world 14th of october i would be expect the freight by boats to come in and if they that means they been at sea and ports for 30 days so no chance of a redesign and stock for the 14th without air frieght but thats really costly and i doubt they will be doing that anymore

Associate
I am sure some companies will say that hehehe. The delay is simple, there is no enough cards. If retailers are saying they are receiving a handful a cards per day/week. Do the math...

Soldato
Undervolting looks a good option with so little headroom for overclocking.
https://youtu.be/sClh4270yg0

My Ventus hasnt been crashing but I wanted to try and recreate this to see how much less power I can save for the same performance.

I cant seem to reproduce his result though. Mine crashed at 0.831v which he was he got down to but my default voltage curve is higher than his so maybe due to that.
I managed to get down to 0.875v so far without crashing on Timespy and the result score was almost the same as stock.
The power draw only drops 10w and the temps remain the same as stock though??? So Im confused what im doing wrong. :confused:

The temps and power drawn in the video dropped considerably. :confused:

Here are my results.

uWA0Nckh.jpg
6Rz3isgh.jpg

0.855v
DsrCM4oh.jpg
tgKRLhRh.jpg

Soldato
My Ventus hasnt been crashing but I wanted to try and recreate this to see how much less power I can save for the same performance.

I cant seem to reproduce his result though. Mine crashed at 0.831v which he was he got down to but my default voltage curve is higher than his so maybe due to that.
I managed to get down to 0.875v so far without crashing on Timespy and the result score was almost the same as stock.
The power draw only drops 10w and the temps remain the same as stock though??? So Im confused what im doing wrong. :confused:

The temps and power drawn in the video dropped considerably. :confused:

Here are my results.

uWA0Nckh.jpg
6Rz3isgh.jpg

0.855v
DsrCM4oh.jpg
tgKRLhRh.jpg
I found 0.862v is the point at which you never hit the power limit on the Ventus. But this will only save you a bit of power. 0.85v should save you a decent chunk. On some applications it won't on others it will. The clock you set it at contributes as well. Lower your clock save more power.

Associate
This is the way 3080 works. More performance = more power. Get a 2080ti without power limit and it will get really close to 3080. It is called "innovation" by nvidia. hahah. That being said, I am really happy with my Ventus, not sure about how much the the electricity bill will increase.

Another note. GET RID of that that RTX Voice, will make you card be boosting 24/7, therefore even more power being wasted.

Associate
Hi mate, thanks for the reply, how noisy are the fans on 100%?
to be honest. it is a bit loud, however I had louder cards in the past (Zotac). But as I play with headphones, it does not bother me. I am quite sure you will be able to play on default curve but Id rather have 10/15c less.

Thanks,

Soldato
I found 0.862v is the point at which you never hit the power limit on the Ventus. But this will only save you a bit of power. 0.85v should save you a decent chunk. On some applications it won't on others it will. The clock you set it at contributes as well. Lower your clock save more power.

My resuilting max boost clock is only around 15Mhz above that in the video. I only reduced by 10w, the guy in the video reduced by 80w. I will lower and try again but I cant see it making that much difference like the video.

Last edited:
Soldato
Using a custom fan curve in afterburner whch i used on my 1080Ti Max 75% fan = Tempts 66deg. Warm room.

Thanks mate, I just tested my 1080ti with fan on 100% in a game and the temp was 65 so that's good to know your temps as 75%! Thanks.
to be honest. it is a bit loud, however I had louder cards in the past (Zotac). But as I play with headphones, it does not bother me. I am quite sure you will be able to play on default curve but Id rather have 10/15c less.

Thanks,

Awesome mate, thank you.

Associate
Each single 6+2 pin should give a minimum of 150w, most PSUs go with the minimum standard, most of the 3080s recommended psu requirements are 340w and in some models well over 400w under load.

The models with 3 power connectors are the safest bet to ensure you get ample power to the GPU with a "guaranteed 450w" min being delivered.

Therefore I dont believe daisy chain is recommended as you will most definately starve the card from power.

For those who have only 2 power connector cards make sure your PSU can cope going above the 150w default for each power cable.

Also the PCI E in some MB can offer 75w of power.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom