MSI GS73 Stealth 8RF Monitor Issues

Associate
Hi everyone. Hope this is the correct place to post this.

I recently purchased this MSI laptop from OCUK and have noticed some issues with the monitor. Aside from the fact that the website says it has a 4k 120hz IPS panel but appears to be locked at 60hz, It looks like there is a pressure point in the bottom right corner of the monitor which doesn't seem right.

I've never had a 4k monitor before, or a laptop this thin and I was wondering if anyone else who has the same laptop or one with similar specs would be able to shed some light on whether or not this is normal before I go off and make a complaint.

Here is an image of the monitor on whilst watching Netflix during a black screen. The colours on the screen are exaggerated because I had to drop the shutter speed on my phone to get a good picture, but notice the brightness along the bottom right edge of the monitor, where it looks like something is pushing against the panel almost as if the frame is too tight and distorting the screen.

What do you think? Am I going crazy or do I have a faulty panel?

lmixeXl.jpg

Permabanned
i have just purchesd the same laptop and i have the same problem please tell me if you find any solutuion to it

Soldato
There is no 120Hz 4k it'll be 60Hz , that laptop also now says 60Hz. You got to be careful these IPS level displays are sometimes VA or TN as I found with 15" MSI, the 17" I got was good but the 15" had a bad display quality compared.

Associate
I've Had two MSI latops , a gs602qe and a gs406qe , both exibited the 'pinched' pannel on the lower of the screen.the GS40 i was recently given by a friend who broke the lid off in a fit of temper :), so i had to source a new lid and transfer the screen and bezel , the bezel has a row of clips on the bottom and an adhesive strip that causes the distortion you can see , some are better than others but the long and short of it is that its just poor engineering , designed for cheapness and aesthetics.

Back
Top Bottom