MSI GT62VR 6RE - Problems

Associate
OP
As Tropicola and Killswitch have mentioned there is a definite issue with *some* MSI notebooks with GTX 1070's, MSI's playing pass the buck to resellers is really offensively unprofessional.

Understood, I think my point here was that I would have appreciated Overclockers telling me they couldnt test it and then took a bit longer and sent it back to MSI for testing or just outright replaced it (it was only 2 weeks in). As it was they returned it and I got a curt note saying it was a driver or specific game issue. Off the back of Overclockers instruction I ended up struggling with the laptop for a further 6 months. Once the laptop went to an MSI service centre, they were great, diagnosed, fixed and have had no problems at all since.

Associate
After first hand dealing with MSI's customer (lack of) service. If the problem reoccurs demand a full refund and buy from a different manufacturer.

As Tropicola and Killswitch have mentioned there is a definite issue with *some* MSI notebooks with GTX 1070's, MSI's playing pass the buck to resellers is really offensively unprofessional.

Not just us! Google you will find many with the newer 1070 laptops black screening.... clearly an issue with it.

Hopefully your issue is resolved now, for me they just took the 1070 back and gave me a 1080 gt72vr 7rf due to the upgrade program and all the hassle we went through.

Understood, I think my point here was that I would have appreciated Overclockers telling me they couldnt test it and then took a bit longer and sent it back to MSI for testing or just outright replaced it (it was only 2 weeks in). As it was they returned it and I got a curt note saying it was a driver or specific game issue. Off the back of Overclockers instruction I ended up struggling with the laptop for a further 6 months. Once the laptop went to an MSI service centre, they were great, diagnosed, fixed and have had no problems at all since.

did MSI confirm what the problem was so others might be able to fix themselves if it's a driver/bios issue etc? Or was it hardware/replacement of hardware?

Back
Top Bottom