1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSI K8N NEO.4-F

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by KELTICKNIGHT, 16 May 2006.

1. KELTICKNIGHT

Hitman

was looking at this mobo to migrate from agp abit av8 to pci express mobo.has good few standard pci slots which l want.has anyone got it or does anyone know is there any probs with it

2. kmistry

Wise Guy

my bro's got this mobo, it's a good mobo for the price, and he's not had any problems with it at all.

runs nice and kool and he's using dual channel memory :)

his spec (athlon 64 3000+, 2x512 ddr, 6800GT,)

3. Gashman

Mobster

only problems i have ever heard of with MSI motherboards (including one i owned) is BIOS issues, meaning you can't clock past 215mhz on your HT, but this is easily solved through a flash if you had this problem

4. trojan698

Soldato

MSI's are nearly as good as DFI for overclocking. Mine ran stable at 312 HTT. Really good boards.

5. KELTICKNIGHT

Hitman

was looking for mobo that l could flash in windows like the av8 without probs,saw it has a windows updater
    and the biggest thing for mwe is has over 3 pci standard slots/it was either this mobo or asroch dual sata2
    was looking new dfi xfire,but not worth baying that much for mobo,cheaper to get one of there and a ati 512 graphic card with it to migrate
    cheers all

6. Gashman

Mobster

MSI boards are good overclockers, there stable as a rock, there very well set out, come with loads of expansion slots, there very reliable and at something like a third the price of the DFI board, theres no real reason to go for the DFI unless your wanting truely sick overclocking potential and SLI/Crossfire capability, im a bit disappointed with overclockers MSI section, there only stocking a single board for socket 939, and its not even the best board i mean where is the K8N Diamond Plus and the Platinum, there two highly regarded motherboards as well

7. KELTICKNIGHT

Hitman

agree
    just 2 mobos on overclockers
    for the price its good
    any probs updating bios in windows updater

8. Gashman

Mobster

i found an MSI socket AM2 motherboard online last night, in stock and for sale at another online store, never even knew they were released yet?

9. KELTICKNIGHT

Hitman