• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI RMA problems.. advice?

Associate
Anyone else had issues with MSI RMA or support at all?

Been going back and forth with the retailer and MSI for a week, each telling me to contact the other one.. getting literally nowhere..

Started when I made a web ticket in the member center to MSI with the following -

"Hi there, I have had this purchase since the 28th of August 2015. It's an amazing card and I have never had any issues.

Sadly recently I have started getting vertical lines right before the BIOS loads which requires a force restart for it to work. This happens maybe 1 in every 20 boots. I have tried it on another computer and I still get the same issue.

I have also had random lock ups during gaming which requires a reboot. I believe this to maybe be the memory failing on my card.

Other specs are
MSI Gaming 5 Z170A motherboard
16Gb Corsair 2666mhz ram
EVGA Supernova 650W Gold rated PSU

Attached is my invoice and a photo of the issue.

Love your products and any help would be greatly appreciated!!"

After this, they then sent me a list of things to try, such as try in another PC, clearly missing the fact I already did and the issue persists. Explaining this, they then told me to go back to the retailer for a 'warranty service'. I was under the impression MSI should do this as it was purchased at the end of 2015?

Went back to retailer, told me to call an MSI number, number told me to speak to retailer... what am I meant to do from this point?

Any advice please?

Here is a picture of the lines for anyone interested... http://i65.tinypic.com/6y1wyx.jpg

Link to original thread on OC's - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/vertical-lines.18777126/

Associate
I think first year is with retailer, remainder of warranty is MSI, I'm no solicitor.

I rememer a little while back I read someone (another forum) had pushed for the retailer to handle it after being in the exact predicament you are currently.

The retailer claimed there was no defect and offered a small sum due to it's age, I fairy sure the didn't even offer any option (return supposedly working item, etc)

Back
Top Bottom