• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI RTX2070 Tri Frozr watercooling

Associate
OP
Good points, but it would be purely aetheric as I upgraded from 2xgtx 970s. So the rest of my watercooling is still in place and now I'm going overkill on just cooling my CPU. Seems a shame to dump my custom loop.

On stock config the fans don't even spin up untill the GPU temp hits 65 degrees so that'll be the reason you haven't heard it superb card especially for VR

Associate
Good points, but it would be purely aetheric as I upgraded from 2xgtx 970s. So the rest of my watercooling is still in place and now I'm going overkill on just cooling my CPU. Seems a shame to dump my custom loop.

On stock config the fans don't even spin up untill the GPU temp hits 65 degrees so that'll be the reason you haven't heard it superb card especially for VR

Hi there, i have exactly the same gpu and issue, did you ever manage to find a compatible water block for the 2070 tri frozr?

Associate
OP
Hi there, i have exactly the same gpu and issue, did you ever manage to find a compatible water block for the 2070 tri frozr?

Not Quite, i ended up having to modify an Alphacool M05. the card itself is slightly longer than the standard 2070 design, so i had to cut the aluminium block into 3 pieces in order to elongate it! the larger part of the block which covers the GPU and houses the water cooling fixtures seems to be standard and fitted perfectly. i also had to cut out part of the plexiglass to accommodate the power connectors, and used some plastic washers to screw the backplate to the water block where the card didn't quite fit. the main point is that the main part of the block around the GPU seems to be a standard size, the placement of the other components seems to a different matter. i only had to create a space of a few mm to make it fit.

Back
Top Bottom