MSI vs ASrock

Associate
I have 2 opinions at same price. Msi B450 Tomahawk or ASrock B450 Fatal1ty Gaming K4. I have 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200mhz ram and Ryzen 5 2600x.

Only "big" difference is that Tomahawk can have 3466mhz memory oc when asrock can only have 3200mhz. Tomahawk is out of stock and its restocked in 7-14 days or ASrock straight from stock. Is it worth to wait Tomahawk or does they have such a difference. Which one have better bios and ram support and software like MSI Mystic Light and Gaming or ASrock Polychrome Sync etc

Edit. I live in Finland

Last edited:
Soldato
The Tomahawk is in stock in other places, unless you must wait for OCUK to get it..

OCUK sell for £95 the other places thats in stock sell for £96 the choice is yours. though i would tend to go for a board that has better memory compatibility

Associate
Looking at raisonjohn's awesome sortable AM4 Motherboard database, the differences I notice are:
  • The AsRock has not got integrated debugging/error reporting. The Msi has LEDs indicating at what point in the POST it has got to/failed at. They both have a header to plug a buzzer in so you can debug with beeps but you'd need to buy a buzzer.
  • Both of the AsRock's PCIe x16 slots are 3.0 whereas the Msi has 1x2.0 and 1x3.0
  • The AsRock has two M2 slots whereas the Msi has one
  • The AsRock has two extra USB 3 ports
  • The MSI has an extra fan header
That's all I can understand. You'd have to get someone who knows thier stuff to tell you which has the better power system. The Msi's ONSemi MOSFETS are coloured Red on the spreadsheet which presumably means they are 'bad' but I'm not at all sure.

Back
Top Bottom