MSI X570 Pro Carbon - Temps & Fans Buggy

Associate
Hey all,

Wondering if anybody is experiencing the same.

My bios and the MSI dragon software are not correctly picking up temperatures or applying fan speeds correctly or consistently.

For temperatures, almost everything is showing as 4 degrees C, but when I run something like HWINFO64 it shows me all of the temperatures correctly (or at least more realistically).

I am running latest BIOS as of today, any ideas how to fix this?

2nd issue, X570 chipset fan has suddenly started running at max speed all of the time for no apparent reason, and it's making the whole machine really noisy. Has anybody experienced similar and have a fix? I've tried playing with the MSI fan profiles and none of it has made any difference.

I've been searching around for similar problems on google but am yet to find anything that seems to be the same issues.

Any help you might be able to offer is much appreciated, is the first PC I have built in some time and it has been a frustrating experience thus far.

Soldato
Hey all,

Wondering if anybody is experiencing the same.

My bios and the MSI dragon software are not correctly picking up temperatures or applying fan speeds correctly or consistently.

For temperatures, almost everything is showing as 4 degrees C, but when I run something like HWINFO64 it shows me all of the temperatures correctly (or at least more realistically).

I am running latest BIOS as of today, any ideas how to fix this?

2nd issue, X570 chipset fan has suddenly started running at max speed all of the time for no apparent reason, and it's making the whole machine really noisy. Has anybody experienced similar and have a fix? I've tried playing with the MSI fan profiles and none of it has made any difference.

I've been searching around for similar problems on google but am yet to find anything that seems to be the same issues.

Any help you might be able to offer is much appreciated, is the first PC I have built in some time and it has been a frustrating experience thus far.
The MSI Dragon software is extremely buggy, I'd recommend uninstalling and seeing if your problems persist.

Soldato
I used only the "smart" custom profile in the bios and it works well. I have stayed away from all software based control though.

I have never installed the dragon software and I only installed icue long enough to "save to hardware" on my aio and psu...then uninstalled and restored the computer to a checkpoint I made before the install.

(I'm also on the x570 carbon)

Back
Top Bottom