msi X99s mpower not booting?

Caporegime
Turned on my system for the first time in a few weeks. But no display on screen or no lights on mouse or keyboard. Lcd indicator on the board is dashing between codes 04 and 55. Tried clearing cmos via button on the back and removing the battery. Still no luck. Also, as the previous owner used this board for LN2 overclocking it had been covered in Vaseline for insulation. Noticed a few traces of it on the graphics cards pcie connection. Could this be a cause. Only other thing I can think off was that a few days ago the electricity in the house was switched off after a fault, the cooker set off the trip in the house and blew the main fuse.

Soldato
Pull the board out and check the RAM sockets, if the error code 55 is something to do with RAM then maybe they are slightly dirty with some Vaseline?

Caporegime
OP
Can boot fine with 1-2-3 dimm's. But the minute I add a forth no joy. This is in slot 7, second one to the right of the cpu socket. Hopefully just a dodgy memory stick as I can afford to replace the ram but not the board at present.

EDIT, tested all three known good sticks in slot 7. All booting fine so looks like the single memory stick is at fault.

Soldato
Can boot fine with 1-2-3 dimm's. But the minute I add a forth no joy. This is in slot 7, second one to the right of the cpu socket. Hopefully just a dodgy memory stick as I can afford to replace the ram but not the board at present.

EDIT, tested all three known good sticks in slot 7. All booting fine so looks like the single memory stick is at fault.

Perfect so all you need to do now is activate that lifetime warranty that most RAM has.

Soldato
Kit is a gskill ripjaw 4 16gb 3000mhz one. It does have a lifetime warranty. Though I'm not the original owner. Purchased it off a guy on another forum along with the mobo and a 5820k.

Try it if they ask for POP just saying a mate got them for you. If they refuse try and contact original owner.

Back
Top Bottom