1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSN Keeps Crashing

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Meatball, 22 May 2006.

1. Meatball

Soldato

I'm getting so annoyed at this. Whenever MSN has signed it and it says "you have a new email" it comes up with this! I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling with and without my add ons (MSG Plus! and Stuffplug-NG). Anyone got any ideas? I really need to use msn

[​IMG]

when I try to sumbit an error report:
    [​IMG]

I've just looked at background tasks to find I have lots of new ones and multiples.
    1) I have three CLI.exe
    2) I have two Ati2evxx.exe
    3) VSMON.EXE
    3) dhcore.exe

I'm doing a spyware and virus scan now. I also tried a system restore, no such luck :(

Last edited: 22 May 2006
  2. Meatball

Soldato

Can anyone help? It's driving me mad! I don't see how a program can work one second but not the next. All I did yesterday was add some emotions. Is it possibly a corrupt Display picture/emotion/background? Even after uninstalling msn it still has my old Display picture.

EDIT: Just tried installing Windows Live Messenger and that crashes to.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, recently I've had a boot option appear:
    (Backup Line) Microsoft XP Home Edition

What is this? Poss anything to do with MSN problems? It went when I restored PC to an earlier date.

3. Meatball

Soldato

Someone please help me, I'm desperate and Web messenger is painful to use.

EDIT: God today sucks. My iPods just locked up as well! I wanna scream into a pillow

4. z0mbi3

Soldato

Instead of MSN try using gaim. It's a far better client and way less resource hungry.

Thats all the advice I can offer tbh.