MSN vs Skype vs ???

Soldato
I use Skype even though you can't send offline messages. Well, you can but they won't be received until you're both online at the same time.

Also, you can easily tell if someone has blocked you or not.

Soldato
So... Microsoft is killing off MSN(Live) Messenger soon, and they want us all to use Skype instead.

Their not killing it off, that would be stupid as both Windows 8 and WIndows Phone 8 have a messenger app as standard, their just not going to ever update WLM again so the WLM client dies with 2011, which isn't really an issue anyway for those of us still using WLM 2009 because 2011 was garbage lol.

I personally will stay with MSN/WLM until such a time as Skype can match it, then move to Skype.

NB: It would have been a lot better if MS had just canabalised Skype into WLM, yes the would have been much QQ from the Skype fans but at the end of the day MSN/WLM still has more support from the user base than Skype or any other communications program.

Associate
can you srnd files on skype like msn ?
no offline messages is naff,,, i hope the change that

Yeah you can send files pretty well over skype.

I have been playing around with jitsi
https://jitsi.org/

Review from tech republic
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/wi...-the-ultimate-sip-voice-and-video-client/6366

Its basically a open source skype like program with encrypted video and audio.

At the moment its mostly in beta but it does work quite well, it also unlike skype allows you to change many settings such as the resolution of the camera rather than the skype way of picking it for you.
They are meant to be releasing a 2.0 version soon.

I think at the moment skype has the edge on ease of use but i think it wont be long before jitsi is the same.

I mostly use skype at the moment though as it works well.

Pidgin is the chat client I'd like to use, but tbh, I just use Facebook and Steam

Arnt both Pidgin and Jitsi just chat clients that require you to log in using other accounts such as Facebook, MSN, Skype etc??

Back
Top Bottom