• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Much upgrade from E4300 to E8400???

Soldato
E8400 is a great processor. I just picked a used one up for £40 from the OcUK MM forum and it's currently Priming at 4GHz with a £35 (new) G31 motherbard. It may not be as quick as my i7 for encoding, but it is plenty fast enough at everything else.

Associate
555BUK

Fancy writing the setings you are using to get it at 4ghz and what memory are you using? if i go above 3.8ghz i get problems :(

what voltages are you using, and for what?

Soldato
555BUK

Fancy writing the setings you are using to get it at 4ghz and what memory are you using? if i go above 3.8ghz i get problems :(

what voltages are you using, and for what?
Mobo is a GA-G31M-ES2L. Ram is 2x 2GB OCZ Reqper-X PC2-6400 5-4-4-15. FSB=444x9, cpu volts=1.375v, DDR2 volts=+0.2v, FSB volts=+0.2v. All elese on auto. PCI-E has to be set to Auto or else I cannot get above 390fsb.

Associate
OP
Yep, getting clocking and let your GTX stretch it's legs :D

I'm going back to Uni for about a month to sit a couple of exams, should be back at the end of May, i'm gonna leave the clocking as something to look forward too when I get back and maybe i'll pick up some better RAM too.

:)

Back
Top Bottom