Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Don
I've just ordered a Mini 2 Fly More to compliment my Air 2S. I like the idea of being able to fly wherever the hell I like and so a <250g drone makes sense. The Air 2S will still be used when image quality is paramount.

Soldato
If you really want to fly where ever the hell you want where video/picture quality isn't a requirement, an fpv miniquad is where the real fun is, where you can do loop the loop, inverted flight and may other acrobatic moves :)

Could easy get going for less than a modern DJI drone costs with basic ready to fly kits, with high end digital setups costing around the same as the air 2s fly more setup. I wouldn't bother with the DJI fpv setup, its a big bulky and fragile drone, modern carbon fpv quad frames can hit the ground at high speed and still be fine. The DJI one would explode into bits!

Soldato
First flight with my new DJI Air 2S

Logic dictates I should have done a test flight at home or something first. But in true throw the manual away style, straight up a mountain!

Soldato
For those that fly drone sims is there a good compatible controller you would recommend for a beginner ?
I have purchsed liftoff and drl

I was looking at the betafpv lite se 2 but there seems to be a lot of issues with that.
Maybe a TX16S would be good ?

Soldato
Afternoon all. I bought a DJI Mavic Mini (1st version) from Amazon yesterday, it was £252 from the warehouse as "Used - Like New", it arrived today factory sealed, it's literally brand new :cool:. This is my first ever drone apart from one I had a few years back as a birthday present, which I took to France where it promptly decided to go off on its own accord and ditched itself in a field, never to be seen again. Spent many hours last night watching Youtube videos to prepare myself, as well as completing the Flier/Operator things. Just got back home from my first flight which went really well, this little drone is super impressive. Even in fairly strong gusty winds it was so easy to control.

Have to say I'm loving it.

Associate
Afternoon all. I bought a DJI Mavic Mini (1st version) from Amazon yesterday, it was £252 from the warehouse as "Used - Like New", it arrived today factory sealed, it's literally brand new :cool:. This is my first ever drone apart from one I had a few years back as a birthday present, which I took to France where it promptly decided to go off on its own accord and ditched itself in a field, never to be seen again. Spent many hours last night watching Youtube videos to prepare myself, as well as completing the Flier/Operator things. Just got back home from my first flight which went really well, this little drone is super impressive. Even in fairly strong gusty winds it was so easy to control.

Have to say I'm loving it.
I have a mini too, great fun.
But you soon start craving more range, even though it will be out of sight :p
Waiting for the Fimi X8 mini to start coming up in reviews

Associate
Just started out with mine, it’s actually pretty hard to mess it up. It’s very stable and easy to control. As long as you’re in an open area you’ll do well to go wrong.

The videos i have watched seem to confirm what you say. Are you happy with yours now you've had some time with it? I have had a couple of the "toy" drones before and both came out the box, smashed into -the nearest hard object never to be used again :D

Soldato
The videos i have watched seem to confirm what you say. Are you happy with yours now you've had some time with it? I have had a couple of the "toy" drones before and both came out the box, smashed into -the nearest hard object never to be used again :D

That sounds very similar to my experience in the past :D I was bought a cheap drone as a birthday gift about 4 years ago, took it to France on holiday at my mum's place, first flight, all charged up and took off. It hovered in front of me for a few seconds and promptly ****** off into the distance and ditched itself into the adjacent field never to be seen again. Having found the drone on Amazon, lots of people had the same issue with it.

This drone is different altogether, I was very nervous the first time taking it out but I soon found there was no need to be nervous. It's super stable and easy to control, it very quickly turned from nervous to enjoyment and amazement :)

Back
Top Bottom