1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mum was in a car crash.

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Kreeeee, 4 Mar 2006.

1. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

[​IMG]

It was a drunk driver on the wrong side of the road. He had no insurance so as well as 3 broken ribs and a cracked sternum my mum gets screwed with the loss of a new car too. Just felt like shareing with someone and I'm very grateful that my mum is going to be fine.

2. james.miller

Capodecina

christ. She's a lucky lady mate.

3. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

I know, really makes you stop and appreciate your mum when things like that happen.

4. Mic

Mobster

What car was it.
    What exactly happens now, dies the guy go to jail, do you sue him?
    What do you do now regards costs?

Glad to hear she is okay though

5. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

Corsa twinport, 600 miles on the clock. I don't have a clue what's happening with regards to money etc, was too worried about my mum to think about those things.

6. agw_01

Capodecina

Jesus christ :( So sorry to see that mate :(

tbh, I doubt you'll get anything from the other guy. He won't get done for having no insurance, and most likely, will get a slap on the wrist for being drunk.

I'm not going to say what I would do if I was in your shoes, but let's just say... this fool nearly killed my mum and I wouldn't hold back on him.

Hope she recovers quickly :)

7. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

I live 2 hours away from home so it's not like I could track him down at all even if I felt like being a keyboard warrior.

8. iCraig

PermaBanned

I didn't recognise the car either, glad your Mom is OK, her injuries will heal so be thankful for that, and don't dwell on what might of been. :)

On a lighter note, why is there a rubix cube in the engine bay? :p

9. agw_01

Capodecina

I hope you aren't implying what I think you are. :rolleyes:

Last edited: 4 Mar 2006
  10. bingham67

Soldato

Holy hell jesus christ some irresponsible people on the road hope he get locked up for life. :mad:

11. thepharcyde

Sgarrista

Sorry dude.

12. Matt82

Capodecina

get the insurance company to do the usual financial checks on the guy and then commence proceedings post-haste.

there may be a change that he has money etc worst case scinario is he has a CCJ nect to his name to show for his noobyness lol

13. ZG002

Capodecina

I didnt even know what car it was :(

I hope your mum makes a fully and quick recovery mate..

as said although its the last thing you want to think about... id get onto the money issue asap.. as paying for a spanking corsa that aint there.. isnt going to be good :(

The same happened to my ex's mum yrs ago.. was a astra.. some woman who had been drinking who didnt even have a licence did the same.. head on.. the shocking bit... the woman had her 3 young kids in the car who had no belts on etc.. somehow everyone walked away from it ok...

14. Matt82

Capodecina

i thought most insurance companies had a new for old policy if a car is trashed in the first 6 months

15. Muncher

Soldato

Your Mum will recieve a payout from the MIB, it doesn't make any difference the other driver was uninsured for practical purposes.

http://www.mib.org.uk/MIB/en/Claims/UK/Uninsured/Default.htm

MIB was established in 1946 as a private company limited by guarantee for the purpose of entering into agreements with the Government to compensate the victims of negligent uninsured and untraced motorists.
    Every insurer underwriting compulsory motor insurance is obliged, by virtue of the Road Traffic Act 1988, to be a member of MIB and to contribute to its funding.

16. CocoPops

Mobster

Nice one Munch :)

Hope you mum does ok OP.

17. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

Thanks a LOT! I'll look into this asap. The car was bought outright so there is no finances to pay but that amount of money being poured down the drain would NOT have been funny.

18. geiger

Mobster

What Munch said, the other bloke should be prosecuted for this. I would expect 6 months really

19. willd58

PermaBanned

Make sure your mother bangs on to the police about sueing him and making sure he gets done etc etc. I think this would push even me to the point where its not just keyboard warrioring if i knew where the guy lived.

20. Enfield

Soldato

Holy ****!

That must have hurt some what! Hope your mum gets better!!

Hey, Geiger, who is that bird on the left in your sig? My god she is super-sexy! :droool: :p