Mumford and Sons

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Yeah, but what I'm saying fella, is that to average Joe who's reading these posts; they're not going to be automatically aware of your love-affair with the bands you compare them to. Go back and read what you posted above, because it really does seem to come across as a little underhanded if not certainly brash even if as you say it's not what you intended at all.

I mean, if it was that obvious that you were simply complementing them I'd have no real issue to raise. I'm not fighting you that you do like such bands, if you say you do then fair enough. All I'm saying is, that to the people who don't know your inner-workings, it's not that obvious and reads a little sharp.

Man of Honour
Yeah, but what I'm saying fella, is that to average Joe who's reading these posts; they're not going to be automatically aware of your love-affair with the bands you compare them to. Go back and read what you posted above, because it really does seem to come across as a little underhanded if not certainly brash even if as you say it's not what you intended at all.

I mean, if it was that obvious that you were simply complementing them I'd have no real issue to raise. I'm not fighting you that you do like such bands, if you say you do then fair enough. All I'm saying is, that to the people who don't know your inner-workings, it's not that obvious and reads a little sharp.

So since 1992 you find 2 posts where I have compared an artist to one of my favourite artists and you are attacking me for it?
People have been comparing artists to others since time began but you're attacking me for it?
Why don't you pop over to this thread http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18100199 and say "All you naughty people comparing Wolfmother to other bands, don't you realise that Wolfmother will be upset being late to the party or being second best?".
Get over yourself Nix.
I'd understand if I'd knocked Florence or Mumford but I haven't, I've compared them to other great artists.
I really think you should apologise for your childish statement.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
So since 1992 you find 2 posts where I have compared an artist to one of my favourite artists and you are attacking me for it?
People have been comparing artists to others since time began but you're attacking me for it?
Why don't you pop over to this thread http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18100199 and say "All you naughty people comparing Wolfmother to other bands, don't you realise that Wolfmother will be upset being late to the party or being second best?".
Get over yourself Nix.
I'd understand if I'd knocked Florence or Mumford but I haven't, I've compared them to other great artists.
I really think you should apologise for your childish statement.

Jeez, where did I say I was attacking you? If I was out for your blood mate, you'd know about it. I've been nothing but polite because I was just bringing it to your attention. I've seen you do it a couple of times, hence me raising it. I'm not going to trawl through all your damn posts am I? I think you need to get over yourself a bit personally. All you've done is go on the defensive and misinterpret what I've been trying to tell and ask you.

I'm the one being childish? Really? Go take a breather and re-read what's been said without the attitude because I'm not having you drag me into a fight.

Man of Honour
Really? Go take a breather and re-read what's been said without the attitude because I'm not having you drag me into a fight.

No disrespect dmpoole, but I hardly seem to see you say anything nice about the 'new' bands recently; it always seems to be "It was done better by xyz." etc. It'd be nice just to see you say "Yeah, I like them." ;)

Ok, show me where I have knocked modern artists and said it was done better by XYZ and I will apologise.
You can't have Florence or Mumford because I was comparing them to great artists.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Ok, show me where I have knocked modern artists and said it was done better by XYZ and I will apologise.
You can't have Florence or Mumford because I was comparing them to great artists.

Look, you've totally misunderstood every one of my posts so let's establish a few premises here for the benefit of the doubt, okay?

1. I'm not out to attack you, why would I be?
2. I never said you didn't like or that you mocked modern artists - where are you getting this from?
3. The reason for my posts at all is simply one of curiosity and bringing it to your attention as I'm not even sure you realise how it reads. Approach your own post objectively. The statement:

"X sounds like a watered down version of Y." is at best an underhanded complement to Y, and that's even if the reader is aware of your love-affair for X.

I'm not saying you dislike said bands, it's that your posts do give that impression because you've not really said any different. Do you see what I'm trying to say now?

It's nice that you give recommendations for such artists, but as your above post it does seem to read as if you have no time for them (again, I know you do so stop getting your back up). There's a reason why that 'nice' was highlighted.

Soldato
They're supporting Doves at the Eden Sessions in July. Just booked tickets - can't wait! Looks like most people are also mainly going to see Mumford rather than the main act.

Soldato
MEGGGGGA BUMP

Went to see Mumford and Sons last night at the Sage Gateshead and they were pretty amazing to be honest. I've seen them before at Leeds '10 and Hyde Park last year but this time I got front row seats and to get that close was pretty awesome.

20120606214137.jpg

They played most of Sigh No More (only missed the first and last tracks) and a spattering of new stuff, all of which was impressive. The performance itself was great, all of the members showing their versatility playing more than one type of instrument each through the night.

They were supported by King Charles (who was pretty good) and Nathaniel Rateliff (no youtube channel - good again though!)

A bloody good night - apparently the new album is 'done' and out in September.

Soldato
Are they still playing the same album? Saw them live, after 30 minutes they stopped and pretty much admitted they were out of material.

May as well be playing the same album:

Mumford & Sons have said they're currently putting the finishing touches to their second album, the follow-up to their 2009 debut Sigh No More.

The band's keyboardist Ben Lovett explained that it won't see the group take on a radical new direction.

He said: "We can't really come out with any tricks or new sounds because we have the instruments we play and we sing songs."

Great. Mumford fans must be so excited...

Soldato

APOLOGISE???? For having an opinion on music??? You've gone down a bit in my estimation.

Here's an opinion: Florence has no vocal control and Mumford sounds like a busted bagpipe.

Nix: Stop crying.

Soldato
Big fan of M&S! Shame it took so long to get the third album out, but they rose to fame so quickly they must not have had time to write new material.

They are excellent musicians imo and achieve a great deal with 4 guys playing a varied range of instruments. Hope the new album is good!

Back
Top Bottom