Murray V Hewitt *SPOILERS*

Associate
That was a pretty intense game to watch. I was sure after Hewitt saved the 2 match points he was going to loose it but to Murray's credit he stuck in there and played a blinding tie break. Hewitt was far far from his best but hey beating Roddick and Hewitt in any form is amazing. I think he's certainly starting to show what potential he has now, just hope he can keep building on it. Good job :D

Pitty Eurosports coverage was so rubbish, the sound was loud one second quiet the next, and the camera's were all over the place. Not sure if that was their fault of the US network being carp. Ah well at least it was even on TV!

Associate
Well done Andy! Looks like he really has got a bright future in the sport.

Now we need to put up with the Scottish tabloids calling him Scottish instead of British just cause he's got some success.

Man of Honour
big_white_dog84 said:
Now we need to put up with the Scottish tabloids calling him Scottish instead of British just cause he's got some success.

To be fair he does emphasise it himself, he has said he is proud of being Scottish so if he wants to be the "Scottish tennis sensation" or whatever then that is as much his choice as the tabloids surely?

Anyway it is a great result, I hope he can build on it and bring more success to British tennis. In not entirely unrelated news John McEnroe also won in the doubles to give him his first title in 14 years.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Great win for the lad. Some players will never experience a win over either Roddick or Hewitt in their careers, never mind a double.

It's ironic that there wasn't a single journalist from the UK there to cover it though, especially after Murrays comments when he got dumped out in Australia.

Soldato
big_white_dog84 said:
Well done Andy! Looks like he really has got a bright future in the sport.

Well the English tabloids have Tim Henman. ;)

Great result for the lad. :)

Soldato
Great result and yeah as Tru says really strange no UK journalists there. Maybe they are, for once, heeding what he has said in not chasing him around the world looking for major results. Well, whoever watched it, he's now guaranteed to be chased around the world by the UK press for the next year.

The guy's done well but the betting's gone daft! From the BBC website:

"Bookmakers William Hill have shortened Murray's odds of winning Wimbledon from 25-1 to 16-1 and make him a 10-1 shot to win one of this year's remaining Grand Slam tournaments.

They have also installed Murray as 8-1 to win BBC Sports Personality of Year, in from 40-1 on Friday."

They can only call these odds based on what the public are betting on but I still think they're mad odds!

Anyway, well done Andy, and I hope you can keep going. It would be great to see UK tennis get a big lift, encouraging a whole new generation to take up a sport :)

Man of Honour
Gman said:
well done to the lad shame his got the personality of a plank of wood though.

I don't know about that, he seems to have managed to offend quite a few people(I think it was after saying that him and his opponent played like women in particular). You don't often manage to cause massive offence with no personality whatsoever :D

Back
Top Bottom