1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Review/News Site

Discussion in 'HTML, Graphics & Programming' started by designzer, 28 Jul 2006.

1. designzer

Gangster

Hi,
    I'm looking to set up a music reviews and news site (more for fun rather than a hardlined project - I'm experimenting with different website ideas), but I lack the necessary PHP experience to be able to build anything remotely close from scratch. Hence my best bet is probably to use some pre-made software and to tweak it here and there. I've looked at Mambo & Joomla but I can't really see how I could get them to be convincingly like what I'm after. I've also tried the blog option, but really I'm looking for a more in-depth style. Anyway, that leaves me with a couple of questions:

1. Am I going down completely the wrong track - what should I be looking to use and how should I change it?
    2. If there isn't really anything to help my cause, can anyone help point me in the direction of a couple of tutorials (not general PHP, but more specific to what I'm looking for) that might get me on the right track?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks - D.

2. EKsparky

Associate

How about install a php site you can mode it in many ways and there are many custom blocks and modules you can use.
    CPG Dragonfly
    My site is cpg check my sig
    many People also use php nuke

3. smoove

Perma Banned

You can do it the way you said, get a template and just intergtrate a CMS (content management system) into it. It's not that hard, in fact I would suggest: www.cutephp.com

My review site using the above method: www.the-verdict.co.uk (Although Its inactive)

4. Chaos

Soldato

5. Van Hellseek

Capodecina

do any other CMS have reviews section built-in?

mk portal is good, but it's full of bugs and has poor user support.