Music teacher jailed for lesbian romp with pupil

Soldato
It was more a comment at the picture he used to bump the thread. Ghastly.
Seriously? I'd sooner you just criticise me for bumping a thread than suggesting that she's not pretty. Even without makeup in the pic I pasted she looks attractive. :confused:

(though I will concede the first pic does make her look a bit like Viggo :p)

Associate
as a teacher it sickens me to think that some of my colleges can do this kind of thing , were ment to be role models and we have to look after kids not go out with them.

lock her up.. if it was a bloke he would be in jail for ages.. nice to see sexism still a work

As a teacher, I'd expect better punctuation and grammar from you. She IS being locked up.

Just for reference:

-"colleges" should be "colleagues".

-"were" should be "we're" using the apostrophe to show the contraction of 'we are'.

-"if it was" should be "if it were" due to the conditional indicated by "if".

Plus, you didn't read the article anyway as you clearly have no idea that she has been jailed for 15 months. It is even in the thread title.

Soldato
You'd think that teachers would not only be held accountable to a higher standard of trust and responsibility but also literacy and grammar, but apparently it's A-ok to teach kids when you barely have a grasp of English yourself just as long as you don't succumb to them seducing you.

Caporegime
Seriously? I'd sooner you just criticise me for bumping a thread than suggesting that she's not pretty. Even without makeup in the pic I pasted she looks attractive. :confused:

(though I will concede the first pic does make her look a bit like Viggo :p)

Lol, seriously she looks rough in that pic you posted . :p

Associate
A lot of people in this thread saying this is 'wrong', oh how so? It's illegal yes but how is it wrong? Sounds like an otherwise healthy sexual relationship, or is it that Lesbianism is wrong in your eyes?

Baffles me why two people aren't allowed to be attracted to each other or even fall in love if society deems too young or too old.

Permabanned
A lot of people in this thread saying this is 'wrong', oh how so? It's illegal yes but how is it wrong? Sounds like an otherwise healthy sexual relationship, or is it that Lesbianism is wrong in your eyes?

Baffles me why two people aren't allowed to be attracted to each other or even fall in love if society deems too young or too old.

It's wrong in so much as she's a teacher fiddling with one of the under age children in her care! Sounds to me like you're condoning paedophilia, Gary Glitter liked children too, he also claimed to love them and that they loved him back. Was he in the right?

Man of Honour

Legal frameworks are supposed to be based around moral and ethical ones. I think the argument lies around the teacher abusing her perceived power to have an inappropriate relationship.

Soldato

1. The girl is underage according to the Law
2. The teacher is in a position of trust & responsibility, diddling pupils is considered an abuse of this trust.

Whilst I don't personally see it's a big deal in this instance because the girl initiated the relationship and wasn't under duress or anything, the law is the law.

What I find amusing about this whole story is the detailed reporting about what sex toys this teacher had (fluffy handcuffs, etc). It's totally incidental to the story and only serves as bonus titillation value. You could probably say the same about the whole lesbian angle too.

Man of Honour

The age of consent is merely a line drawn in the sand after which point society has deemed that generally speaking the person is able to make informed decisions and consent. Of course it isn't perfect, no arbitrary limit ever will be and some people under it will be entirely capable of making life changing decisions sensibly while others who are much older shouldn't be trusted to tie their own shoelaces but as a marker it doesn't seem to be a bad one overall.

There is the added complication in this case that the lady is/was a teacher and so has an added duty of care towards her pupils, a fiduciary relationship which makes a much more stringent demand on the person as they may exert undue influence on the younger party through their position (albeit in this situation it sounds as if the younger party was the instigator).

Back
Top Bottom