1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Muslims are violent people. (IMHO)

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by aumz, 5 Feb 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aumz

Hitman

DISCLAIMER: THESE ARE MY OPINIONS ONLY

I have not said that Islam is a violent religion or teaches violence.

I simply say that muslims are violent people, either in their actions or their thoughts.

Whenever something or someone causes them disrepesct in this way there always tends to be a violent reaction. Then immediately we have the clerics and re;igious leaders say that Islam is not about this it teaches love and peace. Well either it does not teach it well or the people we see on the news are very stupid people and have no understanding of what they read when they read the Koran.

2. cleanbluesky

Capodecina

How many threads must we have like this?

They're not all violent but their ideology means that a section of them seem to think violence is the best dialogue.

3. VIRII

PermaBanned

I know lots of muslims who are not violent ???
    It might be that certain countries take their religion as being far more important than anything else and to insult their beliefs is akin to raping their mothers in front of them and they react angrily to it.
    That doesn't necessarily make MUSLIMS violent but in general less affluent and educated countries do experience more violence.

4. robmiller

Capodecina

I was contemplating this the other day. The Torah, the Christian Bible and the Qur'an all contain some pretty violent things - which is understandable really, since they were all written in an era and a region where things like capital punishment, for crimes we today would view as minor, were commonplace. However, Judaism and Christianity in particular have seemed to evolve to disregard such elements of their faith, and become more peaceful, but a much larger proportion of Muslims remain violent and adhere to these outdated principles. Why is this?

Could any Muslims on the board tell me if Muslim teachings are much more strict? AFAIK, to be a Christian for example to need not interpret the Bible as unwavering truth, but merely follow the tenets of Jesus Christ; do all Muslims view the Qur'an as being completely and undeniably factual, and is this a required part of Islam?

5. V-Spec

Mobster

I have studied the foundations of Islam and it is of course Violent, like most other religions founded thousands of years ago.

The problem is, the fanatical belief in nonsense, I know Muslims who are very nice people, very polite however each and every single one of them knows without doubt that islam will rule the world one day.. A guy who I used to work with, again very nice bloke, however he was so caught up in his belief,, if his religion told him to go outside and stab someone I know for a fact that it would cross his mind and hed have to make a tough decision.

6. lemonkettaz

Capodecina

they are...

but they are more old fashioned than anything

hundreds of years ago we would be brutal towards those who insult our belief.

and only the diehard fanatics are like this.. mainly young men, the age when the world can be conquered and being a rebel is cool.

half of the middle east is still set hundreds of years ago.... religion is a way for a regime to keep control in a society.

some people may find this offensive, i say.. free speech. if the "british" islamic terrorists can wish us to die on our streets, i can say this in my home

7. Sleepy

PermaBanned

Muslims are people
    People are violent

Therefore:

Muslims are violent

Yay Sun reader logic.

PS Can anyone tell me the name given to the above fallacy

8. loopstah

Mobster

To me that is the main point.

It is not the people protesting and doing violence that are at fault but the people who teach them a twisted and hateful view of their religion. In the middle east especially I imagine the vast majority we see on the news are not stupid but are uneducated and as such are easily led astray by those who should know better and whom they view as wise.

We need to sort out these renegade preachers and stop them influencing people the wrong way and teaching a version of Islam that normal Muslims don't follow especially in this country where it really does have no place.

9. Nana

Wise Guy

christians are violent poeple, we invaded them remember?

10. loopstah

Mobster

Christians were violent people 700 years ago when the vast majority of the populace were uneducated and easily led into things by those who were (priests).

They aren't as bad these days.

They invaded christian lands first didn't they? Constantinople?

11. lemonkettaz

Capodecina

its the west versus the east... and will always remain untill one takes over...

then they will live happy for a while.. until fractions break off and fight back the overall ruler for their control... ultimately whoever takes over the world will find out that cracks have appeared in the empire and they will start fighting each other.

morale of the story... our whole existence will never bring peace and we will always be fighting someone.. race/religion/beleifs... all irrelevant as we will always fight and kill.. just to be in charge before we get killed for someone else to be in charge.

12. robmiller

Capodecina

If only I hadn't changed my sig :)

I initially thought of the division fallacy:

The object O has the property P.
    Therefore, all of the parts of O have the property P.
    (Where the property P is one which does not distribute from a whole to its parts.)

but it's not quite right.

13. Sleepy

PermaBanned

Didnt they invade Europe first though? Being defeated on the outskirts of Paris in 732AD

14. Sleepy

PermaBanned

I liked your old sig.

15. Nana

Wise Guy

does it really matter who started it.. it's like the irish always banging on about cromwell.. ok the guy screwed them over... but it was 1000 years ago............

the OP was referring to modern day muslims, and seeing as how 2 christian nations have invaded 2 non christian nations in the last 5 years I thought it was a particularly short sighted point.

16. robmiller

Capodecina

I like my new one too :mad: :p

17. The Running Man

Caporegime

its not muslims in general...

its middle eastern origin muslims who seem to have some beef with the west.

18. robmiller

Capodecina

Cromwell was 350 years ago, and we've been screwing the Irish all the way up to the 1920s (and some would say beyond).

Also, the first amendment to the US Constitution would like a word with you:

19. lemonkettaz

Capodecina

i reckon all NON muslim countries should just cut ties with the middle east.. pull everyone out... end all relations... just leave the whole area..

it causes nothing but trouble..

isnt that what the muslims in the middle east want?

or once we leave will they need our assistance, money, training?

20. robmiller

Capodecina

Because Western Europe is the biggest bastion of the secular liberal democracy, and the Middle East is the biggest bastion of the dictatorial theocracy, perhaps the two most incompatible forms of government even made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.