1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Must have playstation 2 games

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by iBot, 8 Jul 2006.

1. iBot

PermaBanned

Since the PS2 Is on it's last legs, what we're the must own games for this system?

2. Ultra_Extreme

Perma Banned

GTA 3+VC+SA
    Devil may cry 1+3
    Onimusha
    Silent hill 2+4
    FFX
    Tekken 4
    SSX Tricky
    MGS 2
    Fur Fighters: Viggos Revenge

All i can remember for now

3. ojste

Mobster

also..

Guitar Hero
    Shadow of the colossus
    god of war
    soul calibur 3

and personally waiting for these to come out:
    final fantasy xii
    devil may cry 3 special edition
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
    guitar hero 2

4. hogfather

Mobster

GT4
    PES5
    Rugby 2006
    Burnout 3

5. NokkonWud

Caporegime

God of War.

It's the only must have for me. It's head and shoulders better than any other PS2 game I've played.

6. Ultra_Extreme

Perma Banned

can someone elaborate on god of war for me, sum it up in one paragraph, might pick it up as i recently got a nice shiny ps2

7. NokkonWud

Caporegime

Best game on PS2?

Well, you enjoyed Xmen on the Xbox360, it's about 100,000,000 times better. It's based on greek mythology, has excellent voice acting, great graphics and sound, amazing story and the controls are about the best on any game in this genre.

I bought it purely because Sir Davey_Pitch said it was good and it was worth every penny.

Please, go and buy it now, you won't regret it.

8. Elitejungalist

Hitman

Burnout series
    Need for speed series
    Fifa 2006

9. Pumpkinstew

Mobster

Eye Toy Play and Sega Superstars

10. StixxUK

Wise Guy

Ico is still good after all these years, and now you can actually buy it in the shops again.

11. Zeitgeist

Associate

Pro Evolution Series
    Ico is a great game
    FFX but it's not for everyone

12. McBain

Capodecina

Pro Evo 4
    GTA SA
    Resident Evil 4

13. j98

Associate

I just got my first ps2 and I'm also trying to collect any must-have games. So far I've picked up Ico, Shadow Of The Colossus, GTA SA and God Of War on ebay for next to nothing.

I can't get over the quality of Ico/SOTC!! Ico may be 5 years old but the graphics and sound are just stunning - definitely one of the most atmospheric games I've played. I started SOTC yesterday too and was totally blown away. I've only met one colossus so far but I've already fallen in love with the game. I never would have thought the ps2 could pull off something so epic and so convincing.

Also played a bit of God Of War. Pretty impressive but the graphics seem a little dated to me. Good fun though and the "blurry mode" definitely improves the look of the game.

GTA SA is the only game I was familiar with and I do love it, but since finding these other gems I've hardly touched it!

Next on my list is GT4 but I'm in no hurry since I already have GT3. Are there any other quality games I should be looking out for?

Cheers

14. bruce

Hitman

God of War looks stunning on an LCD using the PS2 component lead and is a great game.

Resident Evil 4 - pure quality, game design and gameplay nop totch.

Guitar Hero - very original and a sequel with more songs in the pipeline

and forget about GT4...ok it is decent but the gameplay and sheer variation of Toca 3 race driver is my preference, not as difficult as GT4, and a truly great racer. Races with upwards of 20 cars, nice graphics, vehicle damage visually and in-game, loads of courses and loads of different car types, pit stops, Excellent A.I., i'd love this remade onto the 360, nothing comes close atm.

15. j98

Associate

Cool thanks for the tip!

I can't comment on RE4 on PS2 but I played through it on Gamecube. It's another example of a great quality game made with a lot of care and attention to detail. Not sure how it translated to PS2 but I can't imagine it being all that different.