MW1 vs MW2 multiplayer, is it worth getting MW1 instead of MW2

Soldato
Something about MW2 makes me like the "feel" of it more than MW1...can't quite put my finger on it.

I hate the lack of dedi's...but that's about it, I like everything else in the game (with the exception of a few niggling balance issues) I just wish it had dedi's :(

Soldato
+7

I don't see how it's difficult to lock on a rocket at the harrier/chopper and take it down...

Everything has a counter.

The point is you shouldn't ****ing have to. If i wanted to change class to take out a Helicopter i'd go play Bad Company 2. And at least some damn player is controlling it in BC2 instead of some retarded aimbotting AI. The number of times i've been shot through a tiny gap in the roof or through a doorway is ridiculous. Helicopters don't add any fun to the game and achieve nothing but to **** off the other team. Airstrikes, while irritating as hell when they're raining down frequently, are at least TACTICAL.

Soldato
Don't change class then...if you know there's going to be a point when the a chopper or AC-130 is going to be kicking your ass then prepare for it.

5 kills gets you a predator missile which takes out a chopper/AC in 1 hit... Your 5 killstreak > their 11 killstreak..

Man of Honour
Can't usually take out AC130 with predator, but its great for taking down choppers/harriers always have one for that 5 ks is pretty easy.

Soldato
Can't usually take out AC130 with predator, but its great for taking down choppers/harriers always have one for that 5 ks is pretty easy.

I'm sorry i thought this was an FPS, not an RTS. Why exactly should i be trying to shooting down an AC130 with a missile when i'm supposed to be shooting people? Me thinks IW lost track slightly with this game.

Soldato
I've got to say this actually having played MW2.

MW2 = Play when Drunk
BC2 = Play whjen not Drunk

I've just had a blast on MW2 while quite semi knocked out ;D

Associate
While you say you can shoot down the choppers with missiles, you don't get a stinger till you hit level 30 (+/- 5 levels) so you are sitting duck for a while.

MW1 does have a more realistic feel to it, but you are left down to the attack of dodgy admins and bad vote kicks, so while dedicated servers mean you should always get better speeds, servers are always open to abuse.

MW2 does offer you more shiney upgrades, I like getting new call signs and badges, while it should not add anything to the game, it does keep me coming back for more. Yes there are cheats, but there are on all games, I used to find the worst cheats on MW1 were server admins, since no one could kick them.

Ultimately MW2 feels more like a console game (you can not lean), but I prefer it, but I did just reinstall MW1 as its nice to have the choice.

But MW1 is cheaper and does have a better single player game.

Man of Honour
While you say you can shoot down the choppers with missiles, you don't get a stinger till you hit level 30 (+/- 5 levels) so you are sitting duck for a while.

MW1 does have a more realistic feel to it, but you are left down to the attack of dodgy admins and bad vote kicks, so while dedicated servers mean you should always get better speeds, servers are always open to abuse.

MW2 does offer you more shiney upgrades, I like getting new call signs and badges, while it should not add anything to the game, it does keep me coming back for more. Yes there are cheats, but there are on all games, I used to find the worst cheats on MW1 were server admins, since no one could kick them.

Ultimately MW2 feels more like a console game (you can not lean), but I prefer it, but I did just reinstall MW1 as its nice to have the choice.

But MW1 is cheaper and does have a better single player game.

Atleast with MW1 tho there were always some good, usually strong community centric, servers with active admins so you could always find a decent game.

I'm not a fan of lean much myself anyhow - you need a much slower paced game for it to work, even the battlefield series are too fast paced for lean to have much practical benefit.

Soldato
I reinstalled MW2 the other night. Spent 7 minutes getting kicked from closing lobbys 8 times. Got into a game where everyone except host had 1 bar, search for new host failed. Uninstalled game

Soldato
People need to stop bitching about cod gameplay. Its fast paced and frantic something a lot cannot handle. The killstreaks are fine as it adds to the game. Certain perks are a complete joke and obviously the lack of dedicated serves a lot cheaters to wreck the games fun.

Back
Top Bottom