My Apple box collection just keeps on growing....

Soldato
Decided to treat myself but being a university student I couldn't afford the 23" or 30" so I've had to settle for the 20" Widescreen Apple Cinema Display:D

I have given up on PC's so I am using my 12" iBook G4 which I shall upgrade to a new MacBook in September and using this new Cinema Display I intend to connect it to the MacBook via dvi and use a bluetooth apple keyboard and mouse as a desktop setup. Advantages being, I'll have a big screen for when I want to work or watch dvd's and the whole rig will be dead silent (I couldn't upgrade from my watercooled pc to anything but a silent solution!)

Anyway here are the pics!

As always Apple take pride in their packaging
img13413jt.jpg

img13424dw.jpg

The screen is huge! The build quality is out of this world
img13432dk.jpg

Comparison with my Viewsonic Vp171b, screen height is similar but widescreen format really adds a whole new dimension
img13454yq.jpg

Soldato
OP
Explicit said:
Pretty damn sexy :D

Student loan money? :p

Heh student loan hardly covers my living costs let alone toys! Minimum loan + london lifestyle = :/

Raikiri said:
Meh my acer does the same for about half the price :p

As always looks nice but very overpriced.

The monitor is the one thing you look at most when at the desk so why not spend a bit more and have something that looks gorgeous:D

Will_3rd said:
good stuff mate, i'm a uni student too, and I bought a 20" Apple Cinema Display for my PC before coming home + I have an iBook G4 too!

Mate I can't wait to get my new MacBook so I can really enjoy this screen, after using mac osx since september i'm fully converted, Windows is a pile of **** and i'm glad i've got rid of it!

Soldato
OP
Hades said:
Gurdas, out of interest why are you giving up on PC's?

Ok not PC's, just windows, if I could install mac osx on my system then I would. Windows is just no where near as stable and nice to use as osx, it has probably reduced my stress levels too which is all good! Also the mac does everything that I need from a computer, I don't play games so that doesn't bother me, office, design applications and java programming is all available so there isn't the need to use windows.

Associate
gurdas said:
Ok not PC's, just windows, if I could install mac osx on my system then I would. Windows is just no where near as stable and nice to use as osx, it has probably reduced my stress levels too which is all good! Also the mac does everything that I need from a computer, I don't play games so that doesn't bother me, office, design applications and java programming is all available so there isn't the need to use windows.

exactly why i want to switch to mac now too.
Do you use office for mac? are there any other alternatives?

Soldato
OP
Stelly said:
again I hate you SO much :p

Stelly

:D Just wait till the whole setup is complete:D

MichaelHo said:
exactly why i want to switch to mac now too.
Do you use office for mac? are there any other alternatives?

Yup I use office for mac, 2004 edition iirc. Photoshop, flash, dreamweaver, firefox etc. is some of the other software I use on this machine.

Back
Top Bottom