My Apple box collection just keeps on growing....

Soldato
gurdas said:
:D Just wait till the whole setup is complete:D

Yup I use office for mac, 2004 edition iirc. Photoshop, flash, dreamweaver, firefox etc. is some of the other software I use on this machine.
besides if you REALLy needed windows for someting, you could use bootcamp

Associate
The price of software for the mac ruins it for me Office in particular! I've considered switching for a long time now but it just doesnt seem reasonable for me

Caporegime
gurdas said:
Ok not PC's, just windows, if I could install mac osx on my system then I would. Windows is just no where near as stable and nice to use as osx, it has probably reduced my stress levels too which is all good! Also the mac does everything that I need from a computer, I don't play games so that doesn't bother me, office, design applications and java programming is all available so there isn't the need to use windows.

You can use osx on a normal pc or laptop, you get the same os but save a lot of money.

Associate
Just to irritate that stelly chap a tad more. I bought my iMac G5 1.8Ghz for £183.... Around 5 months ago.... Again not a bad price i dnt think. hehe

Have the receipt somewhere as proof hehe :)

Sol :D

Man of Honour
gurdas said:
Ok not PC's, just windows, if I could install mac osx on my system then I would. Windows is just no where near as stable and nice to use as osx, it has probably reduced my stress levels too which is all good! Also the mac does everything that I need from a computer, I don't play games so that doesn't bother me, office, design applications and java programming is all available so there isn't the need to use windows.

Actually I agree with you. I rarely use Windows now, although I went down the Linux route rather than a Mac. Having said that, my wife has a PowerMac so I do have access to one. It's a lovely machine.

I use Linux for the same reasons you use OSX, even down to Java programming :)

Man of Honour
Soldato
You're definitely wrong. To this day you cannot buy a boxed copy of OS X for x86.

Since traditionally Apple's operating systems have not been available to users of commodity x86 hardware, I charge you with this. Find some documentation proving your claim is accurate and I'll rescind my assertion.

Last edited:
Don
Solarius said:
Just to irritate that stelly chap a tad more. I bought my iMac G5 1.8Ghz for £183.... Around 5 months ago.... Again not a bad price i dnt think. hehe

Have the receipt somewhere as proof hehe :)

Sol :D

I'm not talking to any of you any more :p

Stelly

Caporegime
Yes it is illegal to install it, because apples scared that they wont be able to sell their pcs at rip off prices anymore if the os becomes widely avalible for pcs, though they are actually more likely to lose money by doing this because they cant sell their os to companies like Dell.

Soldato
Energize said:
Yes it is illegal to install it, because apples scared that they wont be able to sell their pcs at rip off prices anymore if the os becomes widely avalible for pcs, though they are actually more likely to lose money by doing this because they cant sell their os to companies like Dell.

You're right MS make enough money from Operating systems... tbh I think that would be a better move but then theres the cost for patchs and other services they will have to provide.

Soldato
Now you have had the screen for a while, could you answer a couple of questions on it for me please. :)

Is it ok for eye strain do you find?

Does the montior scale resolutions well?

Sorry to revive the old thread, but quite interested in these. (Panel has changed since I had one I think)

Back
Top Bottom