My best find EVER! Boost game performance by 80-90%!

Associate
As like others on here I have known about these for a while, but would seriously suggest against applying the "Unload DLL's" tweak. Every other tweak on there is fine to enable in my opinion, I apply them on all my home machines as soon as windows is done installing and have had no ill effects, ever.

With the unload dll's however, I've had numerous crashes and bsod's. So just a friendly warning :)

I dont have an ATI card however, so you lot with them might want to be wary about the Paging executive tweak.

Man of Honour
Kipper67 said:
I would seriously suggest owners of Ati video cards do not follow this tweak unless they want to gamble with the contents of their hard drives

Just do a search on google for Largesystemcache+ati - for example

Yep largesystemcache (also changable in control panel/system/advanced/performance/advanced/memory usage) is widely documented to cause potential dataloss with ATI cards.

Soldato
Was working ok until I tried to play The Sims 2, if I play with this enabled I get no ingame graphics just a black screen. Turned it off and all went back to normal.

Associate
I have known about these tweaks for a long while and have toyed with them in the past. However, since I've been an Ati user for a while now I've not bothered. I think the risk is minimal but I don't wish to take the extra risk anyway.

I also play BF2 and EQII and had stutters etc but I fixed that the good ole fashioned way (and more expensive way). I bought another Gig of ram.....2gigs makes them games run a lot better.....I'm sure coupled with the tweaks it would slightly improve it even more but I'm happy now and there is really no need :)

Associate
i must say i am impressed by this program, and i am thinking wherethere or not i should use it, jus wondering if it would mess up your system in the long run?

Associate
Thanks for that, just logged into WoW at the Auction House and i'm getting a whooping 15fps there, better than the normal 5fps and the 5 minutes I have to wait for the client to load all the people. :p

Associate
well i have an ati card X800 XT-PE and have had no issue's at all with this tweak, and i have tried to make it go wonky all day!

18 months with out any excuse to format is one reason iam not in any great rush to upgrade to pci-e and i cant fault this tweak either. 1 gig BH-5 and its sweet at 240fsb.

farcry, fear, COD2,COD1,Doom3, HL2, CSS,WOW, but i dont have sims2 so cant speak for that but everything else runs sweet so no complaints here.

A great tweak for my rig! :p

Soldato
I tried this out and Ive got ATI card and it doesnt present any problems for me so far. Compiled and encoded a few dvds today with no problem

Cant see any massive change in BF2 but Ive just started to edge the graphics res and settings up and its running good so far.

Soldato
-|ScottFree|- said:
You dont need software to do this!!!

/Regedit

Hkey_Local_Machine> System> Currentcontrolset> Control > Session Manager > Memory management >

Disable Paging executive> Double click and change value from 0 to 1

Largesystemcache> Double click and change value from 0 to 1

I have used this tweak for years but I have never told people to use it because I was informed it could lead to stability problems!!

I have never had a problem and have always gained a considerable performance boost chaging those 2 parameters!

Also Memory Management > PrefetchParameters
> EnablePrefetcher = 3
> add EnableSuperfetch = 1

Soldato
xe-cute said:
i'm in two minds wether to try this due to the mixed responses.

has anyone new trying it actually had any problems since posting here?

I have a radeon 9700 pro.

of the two tweaks, the 'disable paging executive' one is perfectly safe. this is ok for everyone, no matter what your hardware is.

it's only the 'large system cache' tweak that causes some ati users problems. :)

Soldato
OP
Vundu said:
This is a Windows 2000 tweak, Microsoft advised has no effect with XP.

Well I went from a totally unplayable harbor in EQ2 (10 seconds smooth then 20 second pauses) to 20 seconds smooth 3 second pauses. Also the other towns always were 10 seconds or so smooth then 5 second pauses or longer and now they are almost completely smooth.

Its like I have an extra 512mb ram. BF2 has almost no stuttering now where as before it would stutter when going to other areas of the map.

Associate
Well I have been running this tweak for just over a week or so and this far all is perfectly fine.

BF2 is smoother after first loading each map but I think this has also been helped by the latest 1.03 patch. I've also just played my way through The Chronicles of Riddick everything on MAX and excellent performance all the way through and that is the way with anything I throw at my machine to play.

My advice to anyone who is "thinking" about doing this is do it, if it doesn't work, change settings back and uniinstall the program, simple as ;)

Stu

Back
Top Bottom